2 weeks 1 day ago - 1 day 19 hours ago #20587 by Xurkitree [B O N E L E S S]
Steam Name: Xurkitree

Steam ID: [U:1:133451135]

When do you play?
Daily from 7 or 9 PM EST to midnight.

How old are you?

Which server do you play on?
Class Wars Dustbowl

Link to your stats page: stats.skvrs.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=23240#

Why should you be an admin?
I'm a longtime player on Skiver's servers and have built a rapport with many players and admins. As a regular for the past three years or so I would like to contribute more to this community.

Any extra info: Streams as a hobby.

I spam binds to compensate for my lesser extremities
The topic has been locked.
2 weeks 19 hours ago #20592 by Hatter
From what I have seen of your chat logs, hlstat profile page, and my personal memory, there is nothing to outright deny you for and admin position. so there is that going for you.

You are a regular user of discord and of our report function and not in an abusive manner...good.

But I will need you to un-private your steam profile to finish my "background check".

If you have any reason that you would not be comfortable with doing so, you will be unable to become an admin here.  We require admins to have public access to their profiles so players can add or contact you through steam if needed.

Also, I just noticed these:

bans.skvrs.com/index.php?p=commslist&sea...kitree&Submit=Search

They are a year and a half old, and you have seemingly cleaned up your act, but they will factor into any decision.  There are others that have dropped off the list, your last was 30 days which means that your next would have been permanent,
2 weeks 19 hours ago #20593 by Xurkitree [B O N E L E S S]

Hatter wrote: I will need you to un-private your steam profile to finish my "background check".

If you have any reason that you would not be comfortable with doing so, you will be unable to become an admin here.  We require admins to have public access to their profiles so players can add or contact you through steam if needed.

I originally set my account to private because I was receiving spam (invites from bot accounts or for groups). However, I have now made my profile public so you can finish your review.

Hatter wrote: Also, I just noticed these:

bans.skvrs.com/index.php?p=commslist&sea...kitree&Submit=Search

They are a year and a half old, and you have seemingly cleaned up your act, but they will factor into any decision.  There are others that have dropped off the list, your last was 30 days which means that your next would have been permanent,

Yep. I have gotten into some trouble in the past on here for bind spamming, but I haven't done this in the year or so since my last mute, as you've said. I stick to using !rtd or medigun binds exclusively now.

1 week 6 days ago #20598 by Hatter
Thank you, we can see it now.  

So now, we wait for other staff or other community members to put in their opinions and after a period of time we decide if we want to move forward.   

In the meantime, answer any questions posed to you by staff here, keep playtime up, encourage others to follow rules and in general be a productive member of the community,   And to be honest, we don't really move fast on these, so be patient and we will provide updates when available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xurkitree [B O N E L E S S]
1 week 6 days ago #20599 by Xurkitree [B O N E L E S S]
Sounds good. I definitely agree it's important for the admin process to be as thorough as possible to make sure the best people are chosen for the job. Hopefully this will be a good learning experience regardless of the outcome.

1 week 5 days ago #20602 by crazie
Hi, Thanks for applying.  I haven't played in a while so I don't think I recognize the name.  Have you ever been an admin or moderator before?
1 week 5 days ago #20603 by Xurkitree [B O N E L E S S]
I have been an admin on two other Discord groups. Both times was for a mostly-obsoleted MMO called Spiral Knights. I’ve been responsible for maintaining growing guilds, but both have since then become defunct.

I remember playing with you in the past on both Dustbowl servers, crazie, if that helps.

5 days 21 hours ago #20607 by Dolan
Maybe... ;) just keep up activity and we'll go from there. That being on both discord and the server(s)

How would you handle players being rude and or obnoxious, or trolling you in chat or over the microphone.

duck duck goobis eat my poopis
5 days 20 hours ago #20609 by Xurkitree [B O N E L E S S]
Whether the player is being rude or spamming the mic, I would give them a warning first. If it continues, I would escalate with a silence. While they would be violating Rule 1 and 2, as long as they aren't using slurs the punishment shouldn't be more severe than that, I think.

1 day 19 hours ago #20612 by Phaiz
Approved. Please add me on steam so we can set an orientation time

When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Moderators: BwainzCloneDolantester
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds