Valve changes their item refund policy

TF2 trade forum

Valve changes their item refund policy

Postby Phaiz » June 30th, 2015, 1:09 am

Today Valve made a major change to their policies regarding inventory roll-backs which usually occur when a person is scammed or has their account compromised. The change to this policy means that Valve will no longer return any items lost due to scams.

To paraphrase-

Valve wrote:“Our community assigns an item a value that is at least partially determined by that item’s scarcity. If more copies of the item are added to the economy through inventory rollbacks, the value of every other instance of that item would be reduced,” said Valve.

The full article can be seen here
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Valve changes their item refund policy

Postby frenziedflamingpig » August 18th, 2015, 7:40 am

well, that's a load of shit, i don't see why they don't just do the easy approach by deleting the items from the scammer's bp and giving the original owner dupes, it'd work just as easily

but then again, this is valve we're talking about

"Chill"
-14th Dalai Lama, 2015
frenziedflamingpig

Postby Phaiz » August 18th, 2015, 9:36 am

frenziedflamingpig wrote:well, that's a load of shit, i don't see why they don't just do the easy approach by deleting the items from the scammer's bp and giving the original owner dupes, it'd work just as easily

If I steal something, I'm not going to hang onto it - I'm going to sell it immediately. This means whoever just bought that item from a scammer, knowingly or not, gets screwed instead of the scammer.

It's just easier to do it this way.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby frenziedflamingpig » August 18th, 2015, 9:53 am

Phaiz wrote:
frenziedflamingpig wrote:well, that's a load of shit, i don't see why they don't just do the easy approach by deleting the items from the scammer's bp and giving the original owner dupes, it'd work just as easily

If I steal something, I'm not going to hang onto it - I'm going to sell it immediately. This means whoever just bought that item from a scammer, knowingly or not, gets screwed instead of the scammer.

It's just easier to do it this way.

true, and valve as of recently has been pro "The easy way out" with tf2

"Chill"
-14th Dalai Lama, 2015
frenziedflamingpig

Return to Trade