Dustbowl Class Wars voting system

Dustbowl Class Wars voting system

Postby Dxun » September 2nd, 2018, 12:11 pm

Currently, the voting system counts the people that didn't vote as 'no' votes. This makes it nearly impossible for any vote to pass, even when it is a grossly unfair round. I have seen, many times, 8-9 votes yes, only 3 votes no, and 3 people that didn't vote. The decision not to vote shouldn't count as a vote in the negative.

Please either lower the percentage required for a vote to pass, or change the voting system to ignore people that didn't vote in its calculations.

I just find it ridiculous that 2-3 people that like playing spy can condemn an entire team to 20 minutes of being spawncamped by soldiers on Dustbowl 3rd stage. Same with snipers and demomen, or scouts and engineers.
Dxun
Donator
Donator

Re: Dustbowl Class Wars voting system

Postby Hatter » September 2nd, 2018, 9:13 pm

This was recently discussed by staff. We are working on a modification to the vote system right now and hope to implement it soon when the owner has the time. We plan to lower the percentage by small increments until we find the right balance.

We want to make surrender possible with heavily lopsided matches, but not lower the percentage too far as to make the server a surrender fest where only a handful of matches get played. We don't want to see winnable, but tough, matchups surrendered without a reasonable effort put in by players. Too many surrenders and the game mode may become set-up simulator.
I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with
All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you
Hatter
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Dxun » September 2nd, 2018, 9:19 pm

I'm all for playing around with it to find a good balance. I just want to limit the time on heavily unbalanced matches like RED pyro vs BLU spy or RED engineer vs BLU pyro.
Dxun
Donator
Donator

Postby Dolan » September 17th, 2018, 12:55 am

It's something we can most certainly consider. Whether be modifying the current system, or adding something new. Though, that's just my opinion.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Return to Server Suggestions