Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress Server?

Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress Server?

Postby Gangsta Luigi » May 14th, 2016, 10:56 pm

So I know that besides Dustbowl 1 and 2 and Orange lot of the servers rarely see any activity.

I was thinking that we could take one of the dead ones and make it into a Saxton Hale server. For those of you who are not familiar with this mod, it's essentially a variant of Arena where several players on RED fight a "boss" player on BLU who plays as Saxton Hale and occasionally the Horseless Headless Horseman and some other bosses (Vagineer, Christian Brutal Sniper)

This mode is very popular and most servers I see running it have activity quite often.

If you want to know more about it, read up here: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/VS_Saxton_Hale_Mode

Interested to hear thoughts.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Re: Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress Server?

Postby Dolan » May 15th, 2016, 1:20 am

I support this.+

I wouldn't mind a custom server. I know I would join, plus I'd like to see some variety. Why not we experiment with a custom such as FF/SH

Edit: Classwars #2 is no where popular like Classwars #1. I suggest we should experiment and change #2 over to FF/SH. It never seems to get full on its own.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Accouter » May 15th, 2016, 2:37 am

That would be fun! Also to have a SKVRS hosted custom server.

I know this one other server that I join when I feel like playing TF2 late at night. This server does a variation of types of game modes like stop that tank, deathrun, prop hunt, hale, and some other modes that would be fun to see SKVRS servers host.
I shall ride eternal shiny and chrome
Accouter
Donator
Donator

Postby Clone » May 15th, 2016, 5:39 am

Well Phaiz does have a DoD server he can use for that. CW2 is the only option that works now and I think changing it would simply kill it.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby TRUTECH » May 15th, 2016, 9:18 am

Personally, I think this is a good idea. But, there is a lot of competition with these types of servers. BUT, contradicting my earlier point, they are extremely popular, so we should expect almost class-war-1 type activity on this server.

So basically, there are many servers running this so there is competition. But, the popularity allows for the server to have players most of the time.

Useless comment by TRUTECH, yeah.
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Postby Animus » May 15th, 2016, 10:26 am

:O I played a lot of FF/SH a while back, but I got sick of it cause I was always the tank or a medic (IE: One of the first to die). It would be neat, the only issue I see is that chances are people already have a FF server favorited (Like me.). A gamemode I want to see coming back is TF2ware (Which is also pretty much dead, much like Class Wars, so we may be the only ones hosting it.) The only issue I see with that is I think everyone's pretty much forgotten it by now. But a while back, I've seen a server near full, so it's questionable. My biggest problem is they might not want to visit our FF server because they might already have one they're comfortable with.
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Gangsta Luigi » May 15th, 2016, 10:57 am

The way I see it, we gain game mode variety AND server traffic (not guaranteed but highly likely). The latter is especially good considering that TF2 is on it's decline.

Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby hydreigonxyz » May 15th, 2016, 2:46 pm

The idea sounds good but much our other attempts at hosting a server in the past, we need to have people who are willing to seed the server
Because this is a custom server it would not be eligible for quickplay most likely
hydreigonxyz
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » May 15th, 2016, 2:59 pm

hydreigonxyz wrote:The idea sounds good but much our other attempts at hosting a server in the past, we need to have people who are willing to seed the server
Because this is a custom server it would not be eligible for quickplay most likely

If it gets made, I'll gladly try my best to seed it. I've been a huge fan of this mode since it's creation and I'd love to see a Skiver variation.

Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Dolan » May 15th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Gangsta Luigi wrote:
hydreigonxyz wrote:The idea sounds good but much our other attempts at hosting a server in the past, we need to have people who are willing to seed the server

If it gets made, I'll gladly try my best to seed it. I've been a huge fan of this mode since it's creation and I'd love to see a Skiver variation.

I know I would too, Seeing new variety such as FF/SH would be great. I think this really worth a shot.

Also, we should have Doc as a medic boss. :P

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Next

Return to Server Suggestions