Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress Server?

Re: Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress Server?

Postby Socrates » May 16th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Clone wrote:Touching CW1 would break everything, CW2 is there for that. It is the most popular server we have (and in the top 50 servers of all TF2 apparently). You see the reason why CW1 is so popular is because of the map.

But I have to agree that SH does have a toxic community. (At least it's better than 2Fort community)

Dont fix what aint broke then
and to whomever mentioned Stop The Tank, yes! make it happen. I used to play on a STK server but my ping was to high to be enjoyable.
But coming back to the topic I gotta add that the quality of VSH varies by server. I mean some servers have the most disgusting bosses
and i think i bunch of new Rules would have to me made (im guessing). Im liking what im reading so far tho.
Socrates
Donator
Donator

Postby Gangsta Luigi » May 16th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Obviously the servers can be toxic but so can any other server running any mode. The mode isnt at fault for that.

Stop That Tank is fun too. I enjoy SH/FF more, but ANY fun mod sounds good.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Dolan » May 16th, 2016, 8:39 pm

PLEASE READ THIS:

The only reason they are "cancerous" is because of randos. Class wars 1 and 2, dustbowl, and orange all are just as cancerous with the spread of memes and people who go crazy when a kid or someone who is "annoying" gets on. That's cancerous. That is our servers. Stop singling out game modes just because of one experience. It can happen anywhere and Skiver is just as bad in some regards. You can't stop it as it will always happen but we at least police it.

Stop using cancerous terms around other game modes and servers when our own freaking servers are the same.

Please keep the rest of this thread to FF/SH suggestions only.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » May 16th, 2016, 11:52 pm

Dolan wrote:PLEASE READ THIS:

The only reason they are "cancerous" is because of randos. Class wars 1 and 2, dustbowl, and orange all are just as cancerous with the spread of memes and people who go crazy when a kid or someone who is "annoying" gets on. That's cancerous. That is our servers. Stop singling out game modes just because of one experience. It can happen anywhere and Skiver is just as bad in some regards. You can't stop it as it will always happen but we at least police it.

Stop using cancerous terms around other game modes and servers when our own freaking servers are the same.

Please keep the rest of this thread to FF/SH suggestions only.

Dolan has a point.

Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Dolan » May 17th, 2016, 1:24 am

I do have one idea for FF/SH... We can use the stamm points for re-spawn points maybe? That way people get at least a second shot. (Though we would have to make bosses more tougher)

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Animus » May 17th, 2016, 10:47 am

:O Respawning would be nice, since I dropped out due to my Martyr playstyle (Some people refer to this as "Tanking") althought it would horribly screw up the flow, since it can take forever for the boss to kill the last few people and it encourages hiding (As someone can stay alive somewhere and everyone else can use their Stamm to keep respawning.)
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Clone » May 17th, 2016, 11:58 am

So a bit of update about Stop That Tank..... I found the plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2103435 and since the it doesnt modify the gamemode I think we can get the server to show on quickplay (unlike SH/FF).

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » May 17th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Dolan wrote:I do have one idea for FF/SH... We can use the stamm points for re-spawn points maybe? That way people get at least a second shot. (Though we would have to make bosses more tougher)

This would require editing the plugin for the mode, sounds like a little too much work. Plus stamm points are gained and lost based on the time the player is present.

Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Dolan » May 17th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Gangsta Luigi wrote:
Dolan wrote:I do have one idea for FF/SH... We can use the stamm points for re-spawn points maybe? That way people get at least a second shot. (Though we would have to make bosses more tougher)

This would require editing the plugin for the mode, sounds like a little too much work. Plus stamm points are gained and lost based on the time the player is present.

Or what we could do is who kills the boss gets re-spawn points?

Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » May 17th, 2016, 4:08 pm

Dolan wrote:
Gangsta Luigi wrote:

Or what we could do is who kills the boss gets re-spawn points?

Maybe. Lets see if Phaiz and the other high ups like the idea first.

Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

PreviousNext

Return to Server Suggestions