some little suggestions for class wars

Re: some little suggestions for class wars

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » June 18th, 2016, 10:33 am

This isn't with the initial suggestion, but what about having that glitch from long time ago where a class from a previous round would stay on the next until they died
I always thought it was fun, and it's funny seeing a whole time target one person
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Animus » June 18th, 2016, 10:51 am

Well, there's a reason we removed it. And the fact that was an exploit didn't help either.
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » June 18th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Maybe class wars 2 can have a gimmick
Like..
Like with medieval mode, but add in a 10x thing to it
It could be fun
Don't know if it's possible though
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Reformation » June 18th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Battle Hardened Fox wrote:Don't know if it's possible though

I wouldn't doubt Notso. Dude could do anything if he tried.
Reformation

Location: In a cycle of wanting hats but not having the money to get them.

Postby Justin » June 20th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Class Wars 2 already has a gimmick - maps besides Dustbowl.

Don't necro old posts with new/different things.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » June 20th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Sorry Justin
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Somedude » June 23rd, 2016, 3:32 am

So I just made an account to do this post.

Why would anyone want to play 20 minutes of one round? 20 minutes of Pyro vs. Spy, or something equally ridiculous, kills the server. It's not fun. I disconnect, walk away and watch YouTube videos of FUNKe for 20 minutes, and come back to play again. That's how bad it is. You should reduce the round time to something not as painful.

Why would anyone only want to play Dustbowl? Does the owner have a fetish for Dustbowl or something? I understand there is a second Class Wars server with more maps, but it has like 4 people. Maybe just put more maps into the rotation? Maybe add an rtv option? Literally every server which ever existed has had this, aside from ones dedicated to singular maps. I really don't understand the only Dustbowl thing.

Great server by the way.
Somedude

Postby Animus » June 23rd, 2016, 10:34 am

I'mma try to answer all your questions at once. :D

Why would anyone want to play 20 minutes of one round?

By default, The time from the last stage(s) carry over into the next stage. So if BLU wins stage one with 4 minutes on the clock, that 4 minutes is added to Stage 2. If BLU wins again and there's 10 minutes on the clock, then that 10 minutes ALSO carries over to Stage 3. Since Class Wars is unusually unbalanced, that means one team is *always* going to want to shorten the round.

That's how bad it is. You should reduce the round time to something not as painful.

Class Wars #1 is on Valve's Quickplay if you have Community Servers checked. Since the time stacking is Valve's feature, removing it could remove the server from Quikplay.

Why would anyone only want to play Dustbowl?

For whatever reason, a lot of people. People seem to favor playing Dustbowl over other maps, hence why our non-Dustbowl (Class Wars #2, in this case) is not as populated. There may be other factors at play as well though. Our Class Wars #1 is hugely popular, hitting I believe the Top 50 Played Servers?

Great server by the way.

x3
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Justin » June 23rd, 2016, 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Animus made a great post that answers all your questions. I do want to add that if an admin is on and it is a completely one-sided match with a lot of time on the clock they are able to shorten it, but we try not to do this too often since by the very nature of the plug-in there are quite a few lopsided pairings.

I will also add that the Skiver Class Wars - Dustbowl server is currently ranked 38, and that ranking includes Valve servers so it is quite popular. I would love to see more players from the server join the forums and/or Steam Group and start integrating into the larger Skiver community.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Clone » June 23rd, 2016, 12:38 pm

"Server Manager: None - Claim Now!" on the gametracker page.... Same for the clan. Maybe adding the forum to the server desc on the page would help a bit.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Server Suggestions