[Reviewing] Can we remove respawn time from Classwars.

[Reviewing] Can we remove respawn time from Classwars.

Postby Dolan » July 21st, 2016, 6:10 pm

It's already a non-serious server being people are forced into a "shitty" class vs say a power class. Sure, I guess I can understand the normal servers. But I think we should try that at least on classwars. Most people anyways that come on the server are not here for a "serious" game.

I think it's a very good idea.
Image

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
User avatar
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin
 
Posts: 536
Joined: October 27th, 2015, 3:55 pm
Location: Phaiz's "Automated" Message Service

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby hawkesnightmare » July 21st, 2016, 6:21 pm

I would say it would be a better idea for balance reasons to just make Red's timer the same as Blu's.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
User avatar
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver
 
Posts: 447
Joined: November 5th, 2015, 6:35 pm
Location: A Bank Vault

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Clone » July 21st, 2016, 6:24 pm

I'm against it. Removing the spawn time would simply make the matches even more unbalanced.
Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin
 
Posts: 721
Joined: October 1st, 2015, 6:00 pm
Location: Québec, Québec, Canada

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » July 21st, 2016, 6:30 pm

I saw we make blu and red share the same exact respawn wave time

Every 10 seconds or something
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
User avatar
Battle Hardened Fox
Member
Member
 
Posts: 815
Joined: June 15th, 2016, 9:03 pm
Location: Some Trench in Western Europe

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Socrates » July 21st, 2016, 7:12 pm

1.if respawn timer is removed then it might make some matchups real stagnated (ex demo vs soldiers )
2.reduced /removed spawn timer might give some classes better defense or attacking capabilities

We should give each option a trial run, its up to phaiz.. but I'm leaning more towards 2
User avatar
Socrates
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 83
Joined: January 11th, 2016, 4:20 am

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » July 21st, 2016, 7:19 pm

we should test each one out, then let the community vote on it
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
User avatar
Battle Hardened Fox
Member
Member
 
Posts: 815
Joined: June 15th, 2016, 9:03 pm
Location: Some Trench in Western Europe

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Justin » July 21st, 2016, 10:58 pm

Clone wrote:I'm against it. Removing the spawn time would simply make the matches even more unbalanced.


Seconded.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Image
User avatar
Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: May 6th, 2014, 2:08 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby TrollNinja » July 22nd, 2016, 12:20 am

Justin wrote:
Clone wrote:I'm against it. Removing the spawn time would simply make the matches even more unbalanced.


Seconded.

Thirded.....?
I am the TrollNinja who hides in your closets and whispers out words of anarchy

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Add me here: http://www.steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049565756
Image
User avatar
TrollNinja
Skiver
Skiver
 
Posts: 468
Joined: June 4th, 2015, 4:21 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Dolan » July 22nd, 2016, 4:31 am

It actually doesn't make it unbalanced. Just makes it more hell like and a lot more fun then having to wait 30 second re-spawn time as scout versing Solly/Heavy/Demo.

We should really look at changing it for classwars. If you wana see a no respawn in action on a custom server... RxG's "x10" Mayhem and Randomizer servers are perfect examples. There you can be instantly killed by some weapons as the same thing with spy and scout versing a power class getting vaporized in seconds. Only instead of having to wait there, you continue to play and game moves like normal only it get's insanely fun nearing the end of maps... Also too does depends on how good your teammates are, not the class. Unless it's a really shitty matchup. Even then it's still very possible to pull off backcaps.

I just don't agree at all with a 30 second re-spawn time on classwars. Especially with a "shite" class. Maybe we should start by lowering it. 3 second for blu max. 10 sec for red max.
Image

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
User avatar
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin
 
Posts: 536
Joined: October 27th, 2015, 3:55 pm
Location: Phaiz's "Automated" Message Service

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Gangsta Luigi » July 22nd, 2016, 8:20 am

Dolan wrote:It actually doesn't make it unbalanced. Just makes it more hell like and a lot more fun then having to wait 30 second re-spawn time as scout versing Solly/Heavy/Demo.

We should really look at changing it for classwars. If you wana see a no respawn in action on a custom server... RxG's "x10" Mayhem and Randomizer servers are perfect examples. There you can be instantly killed by some weapons as the same thing with spy and scout versing a power class getting vaporized in seconds. Only instead of having to wait there, you continue to play and game moves like normal only it get's insanely fun nearing the end of maps... Also too does depends on how good your teammates are, not the class. Unless it's a really shitty matchup. Even then it's still very possible to pull off backcaps.

I just don't agree at all with a 30 second re-spawn time on classwars. Especially with a "shite" class. Maybe we should start by lowering it. 3 second for blu max. 10 sec for red max.


I seriously doubt that you waited 30 seconds. In my entire "career" on TF2 over 6 years the largest respawn time I came across is 20 seconds.

No respawn time would make Stage 3 even more spawn campey than it already is. It also makes breaking defense extremely harder. Even IF RED is Scout. You underestimate Scout. Anyway unless RED ends up being Sniper or Spy than RED will just instantly respawn and their lines can never be broken.

I vote to reduce, but not remove.
Last edited by Gangsta Luigi on July 22nd, 2016, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

Image

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
User avatar
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: February 20th, 2015, 3:09 pm
Location: Michigan

Next

Return to Server Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests