[Reviewing] Can we remove respawn time from Classwars.

Re: Can we please remove re-spawn time from Classwars.

Postby Phaiz » July 22nd, 2016, 9:50 am

If anyone has seen a 30 second respawn time they should screenshot it because it's not possible

Team Fortress 2 manages its respawn times in waves. The default respawn wave is 10 seconds. This would mean that players are spawned every 10 seconds. However, when server population is high, you may have to wait for the wave after. In this case, the maximum respawn time any individual would have is 20 seconds.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Respawn_times

Modifying the timer could be an option but there are simply too many variables for removing it completely. Certain matchups would go from "Blu might not win" to "Blu can not win". Could you imagine red pyros instantly respawning against blu spies?
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hawkesnightmare » July 22nd, 2016, 4:36 pm

I'll start recording the matchups and who wins to get a little bit of data and see if the server tends to lean towards one class or another. I'm going to guess it favors blu just a bit because mirror matches almost always result in blu victory.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Animus » July 22nd, 2016, 9:14 pm

Not always. Usually if the class is considered Offensive, BLU will win. If it's Defensive, RED will win. If it's Support, well, that's a case-by-case basis.
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Previous

Return to Server Suggestions