[Approved] Fixed Weapon Spreads

[Approved] Fixed Weapon Spreads

Postby Johnny Wise » August 3rd, 2016, 3:49 am

Dulzuro and I decided to pitch this idea. Since Doc will never allow for random crits to be turned off, we at least hoped that random weapon spread could be turned off, as we no longer need to be concerned about staying on quickplay. Fixed weapon spreads promote good aim, and may help to alleviate some of the poor hit registration issues that people always complain about.
Johnny Wise

Re: Fixed Weapon Spreads

Postby Justin » August 3rd, 2016, 8:19 am

This would be a great idea
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » August 3rd, 2016, 8:30 am

I'm all for it
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Gangsta Luigi » August 3rd, 2016, 8:42 am

My only concern is that it might hurt server population. No crits servers (as much as I hate this) tend to not be populated much, the same might happen here. In lieu of the latest update I'm not sure
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Johnny Wise » August 3rd, 2016, 2:17 pm

The reason that no crits servers tend not to be populated is that most of them just don't get the word out that they exist. To my knowledge, only the more prominent ones, like Star_'s and LSRainbow's servers are advertised, and none of them were available on quickplay while that existed, so it is hard to get a player base unless you knew someone who played competitive. I think fixed weapon spreads are a subtle enough change where most people won't notice it, and it's beneficial to players of all experience levels.
Johnny Wise

Postby Animus » August 3rd, 2016, 3:00 pm

I never really bothered with this, what exactly does it mean? Weapons with Spread always fire in a fixed pattern or something? :o
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Dolan » August 3rd, 2016, 3:03 pm

Animus wrote:I never really bothered with this, what exactly does it mean? Weapons with Spread always fire in a fixed pattern or something? :o

I believe he means such weapons as spy pistol, the regular spam pistol... SMG... Any weapon besides heavy (I think) with a spread.

Unless he's referring to something really broken.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Animus » August 3rd, 2016, 3:04 pm

No, like, what makes it fixed? Do the bullets always follow a certain pattern? I know what it would affect, but I don't know what that effect *is*. :o
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » August 3rd, 2016, 3:08 pm

Using shotgun as an example
It would fire in a 3x3 pattern, and always fire like that
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Phaiz » August 3rd, 2016, 4:04 pm

I'm fairly certain that less people know what spread does than those who don't. Based on what I've found in the past, damage spread is +/-10% and weapon spread only effects shotguns, scatters and shortstop.

Either way I'll go ahead and set both on Dustbowl for the next restart.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Server Suggestions