2fort Capture The Flag?

2fort Capture The Flag?

Postby Gandalf » August 21st, 2016, 6:31 pm

I think we should start a CTF server because let's face it the Goldrush server is dead and might need to be replaced with 2fort or something like that.
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - General George S. Patton

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t. - General George S. Patton

Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

How am I supposed to watch anime on a sushi? - Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson
Gandalf

Re: 2fort Capture The Flag?

Postby Clone » August 21st, 2016, 6:57 pm

+1

It is the most played TF2 map so why not giving it a shot.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Artichoke » August 21st, 2016, 7:07 pm

Didn't we have a Class Wars 2Fort server in the past or am I thinking of a different server?
"The problem with internet quotations is that they can be difficult to verify." -Benjamin Franklin

Artichoke

Postby TRUTECH » August 21st, 2016, 7:45 pm

We did have a Class Wars 2fort server but we switched it because it never got seeded. However, just standard CTF is a whole different case (and I am all for it).
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Postby MuffinManV » August 21st, 2016, 7:59 pm

Absolutely agree. It may be a classic map, but quite a few people (including myself) don't really like Goldrush. I barely ever see anyone on the server.
MuffinManV

Postby Captain Yum Yum » August 22nd, 2016, 2:57 pm

ill be on board with it
Captain Yum Yum
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Johnny Wise » August 22nd, 2016, 3:59 pm

I'm never gonna get my Hightower server with no random crits and engineers banned am i.

T_T

On a more serious note, why 2Fort? It's one of the most cancerous maps and attracts such types of people. We've got enough of that as a community as is with the Orange server. The reason these servers aren't getting filled is because we don't advertise them enough, not because of the popularity of the map. If you want a server filled, invite friends, have them invite THEIR friends, get the word out. Our community group only has 450 members, which is LESS THAN DOUBLE the amount that are in the private group. For a community that has existed for over 3 years, this is pitiful. Compare that to Skial, which has almost 300,000 members in their public group. As a better comparison of community size, LSRainbows started a comp map rotation server w/ no random crits and fixed weapon spreads about 3 months ago, and his server's group has about 400 people. His server never was eligible to show up on quickplay, yet it was being populated. Why? Because people TALKED about it. Invite friends to the community group, go play on Valve servers with the Skiver tag, talk about our community on Valve servers, or better yet, Reddit. Don't expect changing the map to fix anything, especially since there is no more quickplay. Don't advertise our servers on other community servers though, that's a great way to get banned.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for changing Goldrush to a better map. Just don't expect changing it to a more popular map will fix things.
Johnny Wise

Postby Dolan » August 22nd, 2016, 11:41 pm

Johnny Wise wrote:I'm never gonna get my Hightower server with no random crits and engineers banned am i.

T_T

On a more serious note, why 2Fort? It's one of the most cancerous maps and attracts such types of people. We've got enough of that as a community as is with the Orange server. The reason these servers aren't getting filled is because we don't advertise them enough, not because of the popularity of the map. If you want a server filled, invite friends, have them invite THEIR friends, get the word out. Our community group only has 450 members, which is LESS THAN DOUBLE the amount that are in the private group. For a community that has existed for over 3 years, this is pitiful. Compare that to Skial, which has almost 300,000 members in their public group. As a better comparison of community size, LSRainbows started a comp map rotation server w/ no random crits and fixed weapon spreads about 3 months ago, and his server's group has about 400 people. His server never was eligible to show up on quickplay, yet it was being populated. Why? Because people TALKED about it. Invite friends to the community group, go play on Valve servers with the Skiver tag, talk about our community on Valve servers, or better yet, Reddit. Don't expect changing the map to fix anything, especially since there is no more quickplay. Don't advertise our servers on other community servers though, that's a great way to get banned.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for changing Goldrush to a better map. Just don't expect changing it to a more popular map will fix things.

I have to agree with you there. The reason CW is still successful after the QP hit, is that it's unique. It's also the only popular server that runs the CW mode. Which is also why I suggested an alternate CW mode in the recent post I made. Has also many countless regulars as well, and a few popular youtube videos.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » August 23rd, 2016, 2:17 am

Please no, 2Fort is THE worst TF2 map...

It's either:

- Battle of the Turtleneers
- a Sniper V Sniper war

Or a mixture of both

Please please please no lord have mercy don't taint our servers with this map
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Clone » August 23rd, 2016, 8:48 am

Gangsta Luigi wrote:Please no, 2Fort is THE worst TF2 map...

It's either:

- Battle of the Turtleneers
- a Sniper V Sniper war

Or a mixture of both

Please please please no lord have mercy don't taint our servers with this map

2Fort is indeed THE BEST map.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Next

Return to Server Suggestions