[Declined] Petition To REMOVE RANDOM CRITS On Dustbowl

Re: Petition To REMOVE RANDOM CRITS On Dustbowl

Postby Gangsta Luigi » September 6th, 2016, 3:26 pm

Which is why I made the post to begin with. I know Doc loves them, but I truly believe that they unbalance the game severely.

Clearly, though, people like them more than I thought, so the thread may as well get locked at this point
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Justin » September 6th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Gangsta Luigi wrote:
A Raptor Petting Zoo wrote:i main a class that would be beyond useless without random crits
but at the same time pans do crit like every other swing so i like crits c:

balanced crits are fair & random *besides for the pan, that thing is scripted or somethin*

the fact that they're random is WHY they're unfair ;-;

I think the bigger issue is that they are not random and are more likely to happen to players who are dealing more damage in a short time (Medics get to take advantage of their heal target's damage output and Engie's get to do the same with their Sentry Gun).

TF2 Wiki, Critical Hits wrote:The base crit chance for standard weapons is 2%. This is modified by a bonus percentage based on how much damage the player has done in the last 20 seconds, which scales from 0% at 0 damage to 10% at 800 damage. For example, if the player has dealt 200 damage in the past 20 seconds, the additional bonus percentage is 2.5% and so the overall crit chance is 4.5%. As a result, the highest natural crit chance attainable is 12%.
Melee weapons are designed to crit far more often than ranged ones in order to encourage their usage at close range. Their base crit chance starts at 15% - higher than attainable for ranged weapons with the recent damage bonus maxed out - and their recent damage bonus scales from 0% to 45%, meaning a player that has done 800 damage or more in the last 20 seconds has a melee crit rate of 60%.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » September 6th, 2016, 9:31 pm

It's still a RNG, Justin. The only difference is that it's less random. It still is completely random if it procs or not, having a high damage count in the last 20 seconds simply increases your chance to proc.

Edit: weird double post here.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Previous

Return to Server Suggestions