Forfeit Vote for Class Wars

Forfeit Vote for Class Wars

Postby MTC » March 18th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Hi All,

I believe that the CW server is in desperate need of a forfeit vote. In the event that the red team has an extreme advantage-i.e., (Red Soldier v Blu Sniper, Red Engie v Blu Scout, etc.,)

The vote gives blu the option to skip several minutes of spawn camping and spares mods from shaving time off the clock. A win-win for all :)

User command suggestions: !fuckthis, !forfeit, !giveup.

Thanks for reading.
MTC

Re: Forfeit Vote for Class Wars

Postby hawkesnightmare » March 20th, 2017, 1:43 am

I'm in favor of it. Of course keeping with other vote options it should be disabled when an admin is on the server, as the admin can remove time manually.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby A Raptor Petting Zoo » March 21st, 2017, 3:25 pm

+1
Personally i like the challenge of trying to win in these scenarios, but often enough theirs no chance, so #!Fuckthis

Image c:

Team of Friend's vs Random's
A Raptor Petting Zoo

Postby Purgatory » March 21st, 2017, 4:03 pm

I thought by forfeit vote you meant completely quit that match and not play it at all, but with a time shave, I think it will be more enjoyable for the players that have the disadvantages. It might be abused a lot though, because really most of the matches are unfair.

Neutral
Purgatory

Postby Phaiz » March 22nd, 2017, 11:26 pm

This is something that could be heavily abused simply because a lot of people want to play a specific class or against a specific class. There are some out there who would call this vote simply because they don't want to play as spy. IF we had something like this it would require a very high percentage to pass and since votes are server wide I can already see players on Red team voting no because they enjoy spawn camping.

The entire point of CW is to pit players against each other in unknown match ups. There isn't a single match up that's never been beat because in time people learn how to counter the class they're facing. It was never meant to be fair, that would be more along the lines of a regular server.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dolan » March 23rd, 2017, 12:26 am

Phaiz wrote:The entire point of CW is to pit players against each other in unknown match ups. There isn't a single match up that's never been beat because in time people learn how to counter the class they're facing. It was never meant to be fair, that would be more along the lines of a regular server.

Exactly. I almost want to say it's a meme on CW to call match ups fair in a sarcastic way. Why would we take away a perfectly good meme from CW?

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Clone » March 23rd, 2017, 1:11 pm

We already discussed this months ago and concluded it would be abused too much.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » March 23rd, 2017, 7:41 pm

Implement a cool down system?
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Phaiz » March 27th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Frankly this just isn't something I'd trust 75% of the player base with deciding. I added a command last year that allows admins to increase or decrease the time left in a round and it's meant to be used specifically for this. Using the command is generally up to the admins discretion so long as they aren't skipping entire rounds.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dolan » March 28th, 2017, 1:02 am

You now know the secret to getting us to lower time. Dammit phaiz.

(that being nice to us)

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Next

Return to Server Suggestions