Stamm Store

Stamm Store

Postby Bwainz » June 22nd, 2017, 5:19 pm

Right now there isn't anything a player can use Stamm for besides getting tags and changing their chat color. That's fun, but why not give someone more incentive to want to buy something using Stamm. A store can be a fun feature to the server, because it allows a player to buy something using the Stamm they have. Two purchases someone can buy could be (1) unusual particle effects, and (2) trails behind you when you walk. The effects would last a week, and wouldn't be cheap, but not expensive either. Sometimes people come into the server, and they see we have a plugin that allows you to earn points while playing on our servers. The player tries to see what you can buy with the Stamm, only to be told you can't.

Edit: If you have suggestions about what other things could be purchased, please share them.
If you wanna climb a ladder on a water tower
Then we'll kick it with the stars for a couple hours
If you wanna then we're gonna get way up high
If you wanna dip your toes where the water stops
Bwainz
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: Stamm Store

Postby hawkesnightmare » June 22nd, 2017, 6:06 pm

A lot of the people coming in and using a store command are probably doing it on every server they join out of habit, or they just don't know the correct command, in which case they are informed which commands they can use.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Bwainz » June 23rd, 2017, 12:13 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:A lot of the people coming in and using a store command are probably doing it on every server they join out of habit, or they just don't know the correct command, in which case they are informed which commands they can use.

Good point.
Bwainz
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Bwainz » June 23rd, 2017, 12:15 am

Other options that can be purchased would be !rtd but remove the OP items, and rent a taunt for a week.
Bwainz
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Dolan » June 23rd, 2017, 2:57 am

I will admit, I kinda do like the idea.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Phaiz » June 23rd, 2017, 4:09 am

I've thought about this before and it's something I'd like to have in the future. Currently I have other projects to work on so eventually something like this will happen.

However one thing we can not do is give players unusual effects (hats or weapons). Valve considers unusual effects and skins to be intellectual property and will ban servers violating them without warning.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bwainz » June 23rd, 2017, 12:55 pm

Phaiz wrote:I've thought about this before and it's something I'd like to have in the future. Currently I have other projects to work on so eventually something like this will happen.

However one thing we can not do is give players unusual effects (hats or weapons). Valve considers unusual effects and skins to be intellectual property and will ban servers violating them without warning.

Ahh okay. Luigi and I were spitting different options that could be purchased, and he was the one to came up with the unusual effect idea. I know on Skial you can buy the effects for a week and I have a hard time believing, because of how big Skial is, that Valve doesn't know you can buy the effects for a week.
Bwainz
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Phaiz » June 23rd, 2017, 2:00 pm

Bwainz wrote:I know on Skial you can buy the effects for a week and I have a hard time believing, because of how big Skial is, that Valve doesn't know you can buy the effects for a week.

I'll look into that.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bwainz » June 24th, 2017, 9:36 pm

If possible, have the ability to purchase "Happy Hour" where Stamm is double for the next hour, but make it pretty expensive (maybe 8k-10k), and have it limited to how many times it can be activated on the server.
Bwainz
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby TRUTECH » June 25th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Just wondering, but if this is implemented, would members lose their stamm rank or lower their actual stamm rank if they were to overspend? Or possibly only certain ranks can buy certain things to prevent this sort of thing. I know I'm jumping the gun, but I like this idea because it would obviously really encourage joining the server and rewards those who have been on for a long time.
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Next

Return to Server Suggestions