Teles in the doorways

Re: Teles in the doorways

Postby Ancient: Rose » October 20th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Just wanting to throw my two cents in but I am just gonna piggyback on Anony and Bwainz. Wandering Engis for life!!
Ancient: Rose
Donator
Donator

Postby JimBeamRye » October 20th, 2014, 11:03 pm

Hi monkey. First, I’d like to offer my apologies bro. I was playing with less than optimal audio and interpreted from all the complaining on chat that there was an engie griefing/trolling his team by blocking exits with tele’s. I used the slay command thinking it would end the complaining and let everyone get back to having fun and playing the game. I can see this might not have succeeded. I couldn't really hear and had to leave after that round so I guess I missed the part where the conversation got ugly.

Life's really short and none of us have time for trolls, racists, or mean spirited people. Games should be about relaxing, having fun, and enjoying the company of good friends and acquaintances. That's why this whole thing really bothers me. First, I messed with your chill when you appear to have not done anything wrong. More grievously, I started something that seems to have run up emotions and brought out the worst in people. I haven’t been around for a couple months so I don’t know any newcomers, but I’d be sad if I scared off any kind-hearted/good-natured/fun-loving players. Skiver is full of some of the most amazing people I’ve ever had the opportunity to meet, so to you and to them I apologize.

On a totally unrelated note, I think need a drink and a new hobby.
JimBeamRye

Postby monkey » October 20th, 2014, 11:30 pm

JimBeamRye wrote:Hi monkey. First, I’d like to offer my apologies bro. I was playing with less than optimal audio and interpreted from all the complaining on chat that there was an engie griefing/trolling his team by blocking exits with tele’s. I used the slay command thinking it would end the complaining and let everyone get back to having fun and playing the game. I can see this might not have succeeded. I couldn't really hear and had to leave after that round so I guess I missed the part where the conversation got ugly.

Life's really short and none of us have time for trolls, racists, or mean spirited people. Games should be about relaxing, having fun, and enjoying the company of good friends and acquaintances. That's why this whole thing really bothers me. First, I messed with your chill when you appear to have not done anything wrong. More grievously, I started something that seems to have run up emotions and brought out the worst in people. I haven’t been around for a couple months so I don’t know any newcomers, but I’d be sad if I scared off any kind-hearted/good-natured/fun-loving players. Skiver is full of some of the most amazing people I’ve ever had the opportunity to meet, so to you and to them I apologize.

On a totally unrelated note, I think need a drink and a new hobby.

Lets drink together? Also passing a few drinks between us can make us forget this happened.

Its time to move on and my teleport is here to stay :D.
I play every class differently than most people. I have over 5k hours on tf2 if you combine all my accounts. Especially in mvm.... ask Linbuni... we mvm all the time... lol

Let bygones be bygones and i accept your apology.

But understand one thing (not to you jim, just people in general) yes engi is a difficult class to play but everyone has their own playstyle. just trust us and let us be and most of the time we will help you succeed. :)
monkey

Postby Iambic Pentameter » October 20th, 2014, 11:59 pm

Just want to reiterate that I posted about this for the general rule issue it brought up, not to single out Monkey. People said it should be discussed off the game server, so I posted about it here to be discussed.

This specific instance could have been handled better by everyone (I did not know about the /slay command happening until reading about it here). I personally don't see why the tele couldn't at least be moved to one side of the gate instead of dead center, as it would have offered the same assumed protection while still allowing teammates to go around it to one side of that gate. But personal gameplay style wasn't the point of my post, and good lord we could be here for weeks talking about all the different ways to play any class.

I also had never heard so many complaints about a tele in an exit before that night, but I also had never had an exit require me to take an extra command simply to exit spawn. Usually there is still the option to go around the tele to one side or the other. That wasn't an option if you wanted to exit through that gate. As it was an easily repeatable situation, it seemed like a good idea to see if others thought that it was a problem.

Looks like it's been discussed, and most who responded don't think it is. Fair enough.

Next up, insta-slap for non-engies taking ammo/metal boxes during setup? ;-)
"It ain't camping unless you have a fire!"
Iambic Pentameter
Donator
Donator

Postby AnonyNoob » October 21st, 2014, 12:17 am

monkey wrote:But understand one thing (not to you jim, just people in general) yes engi is a difficult class to play but everyone has their own playstyle. just trust us and let us be and most of the time we will help you succeed. :)

This this a thousand times this.

Iambic Pentameter wrote:Next up, insta-slap for non-engies taking ammo/metal boxes during setup? ;-)

AND THIS :P
Life of an engineer.

AnonyNoob
Skiver
Skiver

Postby monkey » October 21st, 2014, 2:22 am

Iambic Pentameter wrote:Just want to reiterate that I posted about this for the general rule issue it brought up, not to single out Monkey. People said it should be discussed off the game server, so I posted about it here to be discussed.

This specific instance could have been handled better by everyone (I did not know about the /slay command happening until reading about it here). I personally don't see why the tele couldn't at least be moved to one side of the gate instead of dead center, as it would have offered the same assumed protection while still allowing teammates to go around it to one side of that gate. But personal gameplay style wasn't the point of my post, and good lord we could be here for weeks talking about all the different ways to play any class.

I also had never heard so many complaints about a tele in an exit before that night, but I also had never had an exit require me to take an extra command simply to exit spawn. Usually there is still the option to go around the tele to one side or the other. That wasn't an option if you wanted to exit through that gate. As it was an easily repeatable situation, it seemed like a good idea to see if others thought that it was a problem.

Looks like it's been discussed, and most who responded don't think it is. Fair enough.

Next up, insta-slap for non-engies taking ammo/metal boxes during setup? ;-)

ive tried it in the past actually. that specific exit doesnt really matter if its on a side or a the center. wont allow you to go around it the way i place my teles. door way isnt large enough. I placed it in the center cause people can see it while going up the steps so using the reaction time to crouch jump... assuming they have that... which apparently not everyone did lol.
monkey

Postby crazie » October 21st, 2014, 11:51 am

I get stuck on teles all the time.. but my reaction timing is that of a dead squirrel soo...
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Previous

Return to Website Suggestions