Teles in the doorways

Re: Teles in the doorways

Postby AnonyNoob » October 19th, 2014, 11:15 pm

I personally tested placing a teleporter as close as is remotely possible to said entrance earlier today. I found that not only could I jump it in such a fashion that there is no timeloss whatsoever, but that there was also a very large margin for timing error where you would still be successful when doing so. Having done this, I see no problem whatsoever. I would also note the team I was on had no complaints at the time of this testing.
Life of an engineer.

AnonyNoob
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Mike1127 [SKVR] » October 20th, 2014, 1:09 am

I'm happy with beating a dead horse.

[Fallowing rant does not aim directly at Monkey him self, rather the topic at hand.]
From what I gathered about this topic is that he was asked to move it and he didn't, simple as that and more simply, he made the people on his server, mainly his team, upset at his actions regardless of intent. I understand where both Johnny and the opposition are coming from but in part of common decency, if people are getting angry at you, or mad, or upset over something you are doing, and you don't at least try to listen to them, apologize and do something else based off the advise your teammates give you,... It's something I don't see as right. Even if it's something that you or others view as being positive, if the majority doesn't like it at that time then apologize and correct your self, don't be a stuck up prick and think you have all the answers. It's all about excluding your self from the situation and not trying to step on anyone's toes. Be polite, respectful, and understanding.
Mike1127 [SKVR]
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Postby panama » October 20th, 2014, 7:17 am

Mike1127 [SKVR] wrote:I'm happy with beating a dead horse.

[Fallowing rant does not aim directly at Monkey him self, rather the topic at hand.]
From what I gathered about this topic is that he was asked to move it and he didn't, simple as that and more simply, he made the people on his server, mainly his team, upset at his actions regardless of intent. I understand where both Johnny and the opposition are coming from but in part of common decency, if people are getting angry at you, or mad, or upset over something you are doing, and you don't at least try to listen to them, apologize and do something else based off the advise your teammates give you,... It's something I don't see as right. Even if it's something that you or others view as being positive, if the majority doesn't like it at that time then apologize and correct your self, don't be a stuck up prick and think you have all the answers. It's all about excluding your self from the situation and not trying to step on anyone's toes. Be polite, respectful, and understanding.

just because someone is getting mad at something you are doing that causes essentially no harm, then that may just be their problem. He didn't have to move the tele because people were too lazy to jump. why should he move his buildings to where they are more vulnerable to destruction, which leads to time spent rebuilding/upgrading, and more players complaining from lack of teles, when they can litterally press spacebar or whatever their jump is and be done with it.
panama

Postby Phaiz » October 20th, 2014, 8:17 am

I understand that some players may not know how to get over/around the tele in said location, however it is simply an aspect of game play that Skiver isn't going to encroach on.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Koyote Magic » October 20th, 2014, 11:23 am

wait wait wait.

You're wanting to get back at monkey, for playing engie and being good at it.

He built a teleporter for the sake of blue team and he did a well goood damn job.
Relax and calm your mind. Forget about yourself and follow your opponent's movement.

Yip Man
Koyote Magic
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Mike1127 [SKVR] » October 20th, 2014, 4:26 pm

panama wrote:just because someone is getting mad at something you are doing that causes essentially no harm, then that may just be their problem. He didn't have to move the tele because people were too lazy to jump. why should he move his buildings to where they are more vulnerable to destruction, which leads to time spent rebuilding/upgrading, and more players complaining from lack of teles, when they can litterally press spacebar or whatever their jump is and be done with it.

He should of moved it to not cause this conflict to begin with. He had the power to not cause such a big deal from this since the beginning but he chose not to act on the advise his teammates were giving.

I completely agree that the /Slay command was over the top, and find it a grave mis-use of admin power, but all of it could of been avoided if Monkey would of paid attention to his teammates.

I also agree with the evidence of Anony's findings of the same teleporter exploit on different Dustbowl servers, where he tested the reactions of the players on the blue team. Gaining no evidence of real distraught in the team, he concluded that it was no real problem to begin with except the one the people on our server made it out to be. Things like this start from 1 person, 1 person to start a complaint that others have in the back of their heads then it gets blown out of perportions like this situation has. We're On Page 2 Of This Discussion for Crying Out Loud. But, in on its self, this discussion is also evident of the Sociological need of unity and organization. Just from the fact that this thread exists means that there was a problem and people were actually willing to talk about it. That's how things start to get resolved, by talking about it.

I guess all this is more or less what I would of done, to avoid conflict with the peers and to go with the flow of the nature of the server. I understand that conflict is a way to drive a point forward, but when there isn't a need for conflict you shouldn't feed it.

Monkey, don't get me wrong. There's more than 1 way to skin a Cat. I respect you, your actions of defense, and totally agree with your statement. People get pissie over the smallest of things, it's what get's us through the day. I am sorry that this happened and I hope this Over-reaction of a placement of a device on a digital program meant for entertainment will pass.
Mike1127 [SKVR]
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Postby Phaiz » October 20th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Mike1127 [SKVR] wrote:I completely agree that the /Slay command was over the top, and find it a grave mis-use of admin power,

Who did this?
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mike1127 [SKVR] » October 20th, 2014, 5:46 pm

monkey wrote:I was even slayed by an admin trying to build a sentry to help the team - to take it that far was unnecessary.
I also admin for a unusual trading server community. I also am a head admin for BOOM gaming community. We also have pub servers and trading servers. Even if they dont know who i am in there they have never complained about it.

I am not sure, But it did happen.
Mike1127 [SKVR]
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Postby LinBuni » October 20th, 2014, 8:01 pm

I find this whole ordeal pretty ridiculous. I enjoy playing on the servers because everyone seems to joke around with each other and it's all lighthearted (most of the time). What happened that night kind of disappointed me the way people were acting. Everyone seemed to gang up on one person who was trying to help the team by playing a class that let's be honest, not many people enjoy playing. Can you really blame him for laughing it off instead of engaging in an arguement with those of you who opposed the less-than catastrophic tele? I wish for the community to keep growing but the way many people acted that night would rather do the exact opposite. And for those of you who said he should have just done what the team said, what if the team was wrong? Just because the majority thinks something is right doesn't mean they ARE right. If we are rule-booking why not realize that how skivers acted that night could've been classified as bullying from what I witnessed. No new member wants to go into a server and get yelled at by everyone there just because they are different. Let's just have fun and not complain about something trivial.
LinBuni
Skiver
Skiver

Postby monkey » October 20th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Phaiz wrote:
Mike1127 [SKVR] wrote:I completely agree that the /Slay command was over the top, and find it a grave mis-use of admin power,

Who did this?

I'd like to find that out as well....

And thank you everyone for the support. But we can drop it because it will go no where. What happened. Happened. I hope it doesn't happen again otherwise I may really feel unwelcome. Which will suck cause I enjoy playing on this server...

I'm alrdy known as the engi guy .... The gold pan guy.... The annoying spy...
monkey

PreviousNext

Return to Website Suggestions