Postby A Raptor Petting Zoo » August 28th, 2016, 2:21 am

Thanks

Image c:

Team of Friend's vs Random's
A Raptor Petting Zoo

Re: A Raptor Petting Zoo's Admin app

Postby Dolan » September 1st, 2016, 1:39 pm

You remember this right?

Six days ago this guy was spamming quite frankly, shitty meme music over the mic for around a full hour. Yes, you didn't join from the start. But 1:16:21 in the video you pop up. Never saying anything to the guy in the form of getting him to stop or threatening to call an admin of the sort. (use !admins and it will link you to the admin group where you can add us from there)

Care to explain this raptor?

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby A Raptor Petting Zoo » September 2nd, 2016, 6:08 pm

oh god.... i remember this and i got one hell of a story to tell

in a nut shell, i was looking for this song for ages and when i heard it i just had a massive brain fart

earlier in the week i heard this song in the video and realized i did a half descent impression of goffy, but i had no idea what the song was
so i kinda forgot about it and when i heard it here i intictivly started singing it with him xD
i was so caught in the moment i must have forgot to do anything or most likly what really happened was i was just to lazy to start a vote mute or just forgot all together

and to be honest, i really dident think that was mic spam, i think of mic spam is just really shiity mic quality, really annoying children *stated in previous questions* just un-knowledgeable sound *aka ear-rape* or someone just being extreamly salty & or ragey in voice chat, if its like the music playing on the mic in the video above, i generally am fine with it, some people * like me * atualy where enjoying the music, and ruining that just because you dont like the music is kinda mean tbh. its kinda like kicking a speaker in just because its playing sounds you dont like but the people around it do

so im not sure wether or not what i just said is going to give me lots of hate or not, but i can tell that the music wasent just coming from his mic, he was most likly using a program made for putting music through voice chat, to make a team speak chat less borring, or in our case, making a tf2 match slightly more fun to play

but hey what am i saying, i have wierd opinions but i liked it so thats why i dident mute it i guess :I

Image c:

A Raptor Petting Zoo

Postby hawkesnightmare » September 2nd, 2016, 7:39 pm

A Raptor Petting Zoo wrote:and to be honest, i really dident think that was mic spam, i think of mic spam is just really shiity mic quality, really annoying children *stated in previous questions* just un-knowledgeable sound *aka ear-rape* or someone just being extreamly salty & or ragey in voice chat

Unfortunately most of the things you listed aren't actual mic spam unless they are going on for an extended period of time. Some people cannot afford a decent mic, and they don't deserve to get muted or kicked because of this fact, so unless their speech is dipping into the unrecognizable noise area, they're fine. While children really shouldn't be playing TF2, they are just as entitled to use voice chat as much as everyone else as long as they aren't just babbling or speaking nonsense. Additionally, people raging would more commonly fall under respect for other players or inappropriate language.

What Dolan linked above is unquestionably micspam, no matter how pleasant the song is.

Edit: You're welcome hawke.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby A Raptor Petting Zoo » September 2nd, 2016, 7:53 pm

eh well i forgot to mention that most of those thing i would try to mute only if it went to full on ear burning spam *ie kids screaming directly into there mics constantly* but you seem to know where i was going with that

also next time i wont use my opinion on choosing whether something is spam of not and just see what the other in the server then *people complaining in chat etc*

that was kinda of a fuck up in my case x3

Image c:

A Raptor Petting Zoo

Postby Clone » September 2nd, 2016, 7:57 pm

A Raptor Petting Zoo wrote:eh well i forgot to mention that most of those thing i would try to mute only if it went to full on ear burning spam *ie kids screaming directly into there mics constantly* but you seem to know where i was going with that

also next time i wont use my opinion on choosing whether something is spam of not and just see what the other in the server then *people complaining in chat etc*

that was kinda of a fuck up in my case x3

Oh really bad answer here. Listening to what people say in chat is not the right thing to do. You must use your own opinion. Playing music, screaming, singing and disrespecting other players are not allowed on the servers.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby hawkesnightmare » September 2nd, 2016, 8:00 pm

You can use your own discretion to determine within soft limits whether something is micspam or not, but there are some times where you cannot budge. In this situation I would have asked the spammer to stop, and then if there were some saying they didn't mind the song, I would have also suggested the spammer to put the song details in chat so others can find and play the music independently.

EDIT: Also what Clone said. People can be really shitty and there could be a group of people requesting to mute someone who did nothing wrong.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Dolan » September 2nd, 2016, 8:32 pm

hawkesnightmare wrote:What DOLAN linked above is unquestionably micspam, no matter how pleasant the song is.

Fixed that for you...

Yes, what hawke and clone said. You have to decide for yourself. Or ask a second opinion from another staff member. Otherwise you fall into the area of people using you for their own personal agenda.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby A Raptor Petting Zoo » September 2nd, 2016, 11:43 pm

well i will see what i can do

and THANK CRIST FOR labor day weekend, my mornings where just full of thoughts like *should i just pretend to over sleep so i dont go to school, etc*

also thanks for the feed-back, even though i kinda fucked up X3

Image c:

A Raptor Petting Zoo

PreviousNext

Return to Admin Applications