[Declined]Gandalf's Admin Application

Apply for admin here

Re: Gandalf's Admin Application

Postby crazie » August 2nd, 2016, 11:04 am

I am still neutral at this time, however last night concerned me a bit. I tend to give people more chances than some, but you kept pushing to mute that kid last night. He wasn't mic spamming but he was yelling occasionally. Im concerned that you will just hand out silences at the slightest provoking.
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Gandalf » August 2nd, 2016, 4:21 pm

Yeah sorry about last night I honestly don't know why I was like that and I sincerely apologize about it. Now I promise you this I WILL NOT abuse the power if I receive it and last night I just wasn't myself. It won't happen again.
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - General George S. Patton

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t. - General George S. Patton

Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

How am I supposed to watch anime on a sushi? - Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson
Gandalf

Postby hawkesnightmare » August 2nd, 2016, 5:25 pm

From what I've seen of Gandalf he is pretty laid back, if a bit competitive, and the above incident does seem very much out of character for him.
Had you been drinking previously/had a bad day, etc?
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Gandalf » August 3rd, 2016, 2:16 pm

Yeah I can't really remember but I'm sure I just was having a bad day or I had a headache but the only drinking experience I've had was last month with Vodka and captain morgans.
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - General George S. Patton

Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

Gandalf

Postby hydreigonxyz » August 11th, 2016, 1:09 pm

I'm gonna be neutral for now as well
Would encourage you to check out our forums a bit more
hydreigonxyz
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Animus » August 11th, 2016, 1:27 pm

I'm going to go with Hyd on here. I'd be nice to see you around in general more often. :D Posts on topics that interest you or make your own should help.
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Gandalf » August 11th, 2016, 9:41 pm

I will admit I'm not big on forums but I try to be more active.

Gandalf

Postby Animus » August 11th, 2016, 10:02 pm

The biggest thing is to just to see what's happening. :d I personally find posting and stuff makes me come back to the forums more. You don't have to post if you don't want to, since again, the biggest thing is to just be aware of what's happening. :D
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Gandalf » August 12th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Good to know thank you.

Gandalf

Postby Dolan » August 13th, 2016, 7:23 pm

I'd like to ask you this.

Last night (12th of August 2016) you and derp were on the dustbowl server. Derp was playing some considerably loud music over his mic. Randoms in the server complained, but you just threw it off pretty much and said you can just mute client side. Despite him actively playing music through his mic which falls under our mic spam rules.

Does this mean you would exempt skiver members from any rules?

~ Sorta leaning to -support...

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Admin Applications