Apply for admin here

[Cancelled] LennyLegend800's Admin Application

Postby LennyLegend800 » February 8th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Steam Name: LennyLegend800

Steam3 ID: [U:1:320094881]

Time you can dedicate: 12:00pm-8:00Pm MST

Which server you play on the most: Skiver Classwars

Link to your stats page: http://stats.skvrs.com/hlstats.php?mode ... yer=153876

A brief description on why you think you should be an admin: I follow the rules very well, I do not use excess cussing or any slangs. I see a lot of trouble on the server (specifically Classwars) and I would like to help out in any way I can. I really enjoy this server and I would like to see it improve. Sometimes I feel like when there are no admins on, everything Is a train wreak and I hate to see players being disrespectful and ugly, and I would like to fix that. I am usually on often and I have a lot of free time on my hands, especially during the mornings.

Any extra info: When I first joined the server I had no idea that there were rules, and I used to frequently spam binds and use slangs. That was about several months ago, and now I checking the rules page to see If what I am doing is acceptable. I enjoy this server because it puts a safe environment by putting in rules for eliminating arguments about religion and races. You all do a great job and I am willing to help you all out.

(Also I will attempt to cut back on the lenny faces, I do use them in a large moderation but ill try to cut back on using so many)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) LennyLegend800 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Being a Leader does not define control, but the willing to serve and move the team from one point to another. The rank of a leader does not confer privilege or power, but imposes responsibility."

"( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"~An inspiring quote by someone who probably uses it very often

LennyLegend800

Re: LennyLegend800's Admin Application

Postby hawkesnightmare » February 9th, 2017, 6:31 pm

You already addressed my only real concern, so just keep at it.

Neutral for now.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby crazie » February 10th, 2017, 9:56 am

I would like to see you visit all of our servers as each server's player base is a bit different. Neutral for now.
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby crazie » February 14th, 2017, 2:11 pm

What would you do if another player was accusing someone of hacking?
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Phaiz » February 15th, 2017, 2:09 am

(Also I will attempt to cut back on the lenny faces, I do use them in a large moderation but ill try to cut back on using so many)

Your chat log shows that they're not spam just by looking at the time stamps, seems to usually be at least a minute between each one.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LennyLegend800 » February 16th, 2017, 1:25 pm

crazie wrote:What would you do if another player was accusing someone of hacking?

I would first spectate that player accused of hacking (just to make sure that someone isn't flaming). If they are just casually playing and there are no signs of hacking, I would give the person who accused said player of hacking a warning. However, if the player really was hacking and evidence shows that hes using a program to never miss, I would ban the hacker.

"Being a Leader does not define control, but the willing to serve and move the team from one point to another. The rank of a leader does not confer privilege or power, but imposes responsibility."

LennyLegend800

Re: [Reviewing] LennyLegend800's Admin Application

Postby Phaiz » February 16th, 2017, 9:57 pm

What would justify warning the accuser? There really isn't anything in our rules regarding accusing another player of hacking.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LennyLegend800 » February 17th, 2017, 1:11 am

Phaiz wrote:What would justify warning the accuser? There really isn't anything in our rules regarding accusing another player of hacking.

You're right, it doesn't say anything about the accuser. I would just let it slide then.

LennyLegend800

Postby Clone » February 17th, 2017, 4:47 am

LennyLegend800 wrote:
Phaiz wrote:What would justify warning the accuser? There really isn't anything in our rules regarding accusing another player of hacking.

You're right, it doesn't say anything about the accuser. I would just let it slide then.

It's not about "letting it slide". In fact we encourage players to report them. I myself sometime call another admin to spec a player when I think he is hacking even though I'm wrong. Of course we take actions if the player is spamming and abusing the "report".

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Clone » February 17th, 2017, 9:43 am

Lenny has been around for a long time. He knows the rules and do not hesitate to call an admin on. +1

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Next

Return to Admin Applications