Time you can dedicate:
(Weekdays) 5pm – 10pm GMT
(Weekends) 1pm – 11pm GMT

Which server you play on the most?:
Skiver class wars #1 cp_dustbowl

Link to my stats page:
http://stats.skvrs.com/hlstats.php?mode ... yer=215306

A brief description on why you think you should be an admin:

My reasoning behind wanting to become an admin in the first place is mainly because due to me being in a separate time zone it usually means that most of the admins aren’t frequently on the server at the same time as I am, which leads to lots of players mingeing and exploiting the glitches that the server does have (the main one being the auto balance exploit)
And unfortunately the usual response when I request people to easily fix this by switching class is
“are you an admin?”
to which my obvious answer is no, followed by some snarky or downright insulting remark from the offender to which they continue to abuse the exploit.
One of the reasons behind me becoming an admin is that I’m from Britain so I’m from a different time zone which can allow for around the clock Administrating between me and the current admins.
I believe myself to be very easy to talk to and I love to speak and chat with the community and I’m willing to listen, I’m jokey with the community but can be serious when I need to be, but I think my strongest trait is not tolerating anything that breaks the rules as well as being able to see an argument from both sides to allow for fair judgement.
Because not only does it irritate me as well as other players when arguments and fights break out but it disturbs the joyful atmosphere that the server usually has ruining the community’s gaming experience. As well as it being satisfying to settle the problems on the server peacefully

Any extra info?:
I’m fine with having people from the server add me as a friend as a quick way to get me online encase anything is afoot. I’m pretty friendly with quite a lot of people on the server and like to have a fun laugh.
I am fully aware that needing to have played across multiple of the server platforms is one of the big necessities of becoming an admin for skiver but unfortunately I cannot say I have much experience with the other servers, however that can easily be changed in the future, if the people on the other servers are like the ones on dustbowl I’m sure I will get along with them just as well.
I suppose I may as well add that I have been a moderator on servers from other games such as Gmod and Minecraft however the servers I used to moderate have long since died, so there isn’t really much proof backing me there.
(And as an added bonus, I have a nice deep British voice that people usually like to listen too ;) )
You'll have to excuse any grammar mistakes or typos i wrote this late at night.
Last edited by Adrian Pernicious on February 16th, 2018, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Pernicious

Re: Adrian Perncious's Admin application

Postby Dolan » February 16th, 2018, 8:23 pm

I don't believe I've seen you on our discord server either. You must be on during the really off times.

To my own memory that is, can't say I've seen much of you. That is part of the issue here too, is that who (preferably admin or reputable skiver member) is backing your claims up of being a good rule-abiding player on our servers.

I really don't know ya bud. ~Neutral

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Adrian Pernicious » February 17th, 2018, 8:39 am

If that is the case if you can give me a day or so i could gather the opinions of all the players i know and ask for their opinions, may take a while though as i have work today
Adrian Pernicious

Postby Dolan » February 17th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Adrian Pernicious wrote:If that is the case if you can give me a day or so i could gather the opinions of all the players i know and ask for their opinions, may take a while though as i have work today

Haha, not what I meant. I was referring to the community aka admins like me, or other skiver members know of you which can vouch for you. In short... what I'm saying is try to be on at points where people from the admin team or other skiver members can interact with/watch you. It is the weekend, so maybe try hopping on after work or during times when NA is awake. Haha.

Not saying you're a bad boy off the bat, but just hear me out on my concerns of what players are there to witness you which the staff team knows are reputable.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Hatter » February 17th, 2018, 8:33 pm

(Weekdays) 5pm – 10pm GMT
(Weekends) 1pm – 11pm GMT

Equals:

weekdays 11am to 4pm central (server) time
weekends 7am to 5pm

A decision will not be made right away, you will be observed as to how you interact with the community/other players, playtime, following of rules, etc.

In the meantime, keep up playtime, read the rules, follow the rules, encourage others to follow rules(notify admins if there are problems), join discord/forums/community group and be an example.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/skiver
https://discord.gg/eK8Dv4j
I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with
All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you
Hatter
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Bwainz » February 24th, 2018, 3:47 pm

I don't remember playing with you, so my vote is neutral right now.
If you wanna climb a ladder on a water tower
Then we'll kick it with the stars for a couple hours
If you wanna then we're gonna get way up high
If you wanna dip your toes where the water stops
Bwainz
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby crazie » February 27th, 2018, 3:34 pm

I feel like I may have seen you around... I will be sure to hopefully catch you on one of these days. Be sure to join the discord =) Glad to see your interest in skiver.
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: [Reviewing] Adrian Perncious's Admin application

Postby crazie » March 12th, 2018, 3:53 pm

What would you do if someone is just sitting in spawn and several people on the team are complaining that the person is afk?
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Adrian Pernicious » March 14th, 2018, 3:21 am

crazie wrote:What would you do if someone is just sitting in spawn and several people on the team are complaining that the person is afk?

Well first i would check the chat to see if this person left any message reasoning why they would be afk and if they were to mention being back in just a second then i would probably wait 3-5 minutes otherwise i would have them moved to spectator where i believe at that point if they don't return the system itself should kick them for being inactive.

p.s sorry for the very very late reply i somehow missed the notification for the reply to the thread
Adrian Pernicious

Postby Phaiz » March 17th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Adrian Pernicious wrote:
crazie wrote:What would you do if someone is just sitting in spawn and several people on the team are complaining that the person is afk?

Well first i would check the chat to see if this person left any message reasoning why they would be afk and if they were to mention being back in just a second then i would probably wait 3-5 minutes otherwise i would have them moved to spectator where i believe at that point if they don't return the system itself should kick them for being inactive.

p.s sorry for the very very late reply i somehow missed the notification for the reply to the thread

The afk manager will move them to spec and eventually kick them. We don't do anything unless someone is obviously trying to bypass the manager on a full server.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Admin Applications