[Reviewing]Nendei's Admin Application

Apply for admin here

[Reviewing]Nendei's Admin Application

Postby Nendei » October 9th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Steam Name: Nendei

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:100475715

Time you can dedicate: Anytime from 10am to 12am EST

Which server you play on the most: Server #1 Classwars (Dustbowl)

Link to your stats page: http://stats.skvrs.com/hlstats.php?mode ... ayer=75497

A brief description on why you think you should be an admin: Well I have admin/staff/source mod experience. I'm a chill player and active mainly all the time. I have a working microphone so I can use it whenever needed. Whenever there's been an issue on the server, I try to contract KillerStorm, Hyd or Hatter if needed :).

Any extra info: I've been an admin/staff manager for RetroServers deathrun servers for 3 years now. However, this will NOT affect my time on Skiver's servers.
Nendei

Re: Nendei's Admin Application

Postby Dolan » October 10th, 2018, 1:16 am

Well Hello.

Can't say I know too much about you or remember you, in the server that is. However it also seems you're not on our discord. While I would say keep up activity on our forums. It's something you should do anyways, but you should be also on the discord.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2328

Side question here:

Care to explain the alternate account? https://steamcommunity.com/id/Scarletthearts/ I do know it's yours, or at least a family member?... It's under the same IP and connected to our servers on multiple occasions.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Nendei » October 10th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Dolan wrote:Well Hello.

Can't say I know too much about you or remember you, in the server that is. However it also seems you're not on our discord. While I would say keep up activity on our forums. It's something you should do anyways, but you should be also on the discord.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2328

Side question here:

Care to explain the alternate account? https://steamcommunity.com/id/Scarletthearts/ I do know it's yours, or at least a family member?... It's under the same IP and connected to our servers on multiple occasions.

I'm on the server a lot, I don't know if you've been there to see me and such. I'm pretty active there.
I didn't know you guys had a website or Discord server, I'll join the Discord server. As for that account, that is my sister's, I have no control over it.
Nendei

Postby Hatter » October 10th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Nendei has been on my friends list for maybe a year, year and a half....not exactly sure how long. She always reports players breaking rules and notifies me if they are not able to resolve something themselves by warning other players. Played pretty much everyday until a couple months ago, then play kinda dropped off a little during the summer. Recently has been playing daily again since school started up. Have seen nothing to rule out admin consideration outright.

You should be a member of this website and our discord. All around forum activity here has dropped off so we don't expect you to be posting here daily. Just check in and see if anything is going on and at some point you should make an introduction post. Discord is where most of the activity is nowadays, so be sure to join up.

Becoming an admin here is not an overnight process, we tend to mull on applications for awhile and see how applicants behave around the community before approving, we have a few open apps right now.

So in the meantime keep your playtime up, join the discord, check the forums, try to get to know others in the community and encourage others to follow the rules/notify us of problems.
I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with
All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you
Hatter
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby crazie » October 15th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Hi, thanks for the app, we will be moving forward to the review stage and this is where we will start to ask a few questions about how you would handle different situations on the servers. =)
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: [Reviewing]Nendei's Admin Application

Postby crazie » October 15th, 2018, 8:04 pm

How would you handle a regular on the server breaking the rules and encouraging others to? For example the regular is telling people to be just be a friendly during the entire round or feel free to play music over the mic.
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Nendei » October 15th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Sorry for the double comment, I thought my phone bugged out.. sorry >~<
Last edited by Nendei on October 17th, 2018, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nendei

Postby Nendei » October 16th, 2018, 8:39 am

crazie wrote:How would you handle a regular on the server breaking the rules and encouraging others to? For example the regular is telling people to be just be a friendly during the entire round or feel free to play music over the mic.

crazie wrote:How would you handle a regular on the server breaking the rules and encouraging others to? For example the regular is telling people to be just be a friendly during the entire round or feel free to play music over the mic.

Well if that was a situation that turned up onto the server, I’d kindly ask them to not encourage others and contribute to the team losing or not. If they ignore me or continue, I’ll kick. However, if that same player came back doing the same thing, I’d ban them for ignoring or breaking the rules. In a mic span situation, I’d ask the player that’s mic spamming to not mic spam, if they continue, I’ll silence or mute them depending on if it’s mic or chat spam. I hope that answers your question :)

As for @hatter’s response, yes I went quiet during the summer due to a job and stuff, then I had gotten hand surgery which I was inactive on steam for a month.
Nendei

Return to Admin Applications