Appealing 1 day ban on principle.

You may appeal your ban or silence here

Re: Appealing 1 day ban on principle.

Postby Gangsta Luigi » September 6th, 2016, 11:44 pm

"Blacknigga08" you're not going to help Rose's case like that.

Also, the word "nigger" is against our rules, as is the word "faggot" and any version of either. Not actually sure if you can change your name but if you can't an admin will probably delete your account so make a new one with appropriate language please.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby ineedanewname995 » September 7th, 2016, 12:00 am

my name is blacknigga08 not "blacknigger08" or "blackfaggot08" please dont assume derogatory terms towards me, as I am black.
ineedanewname995

Postby hydreigonxyz » September 7th, 2016, 12:01 am

Since you were told multiple times by an admin to stop you were then ignoring admins
As a result you were banned because you chose to not follow what was being told
While different admins may not tell you to not do that you still failed to follow what she asked you to do
hydreigonxyz
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Hatter » September 7th, 2016, 12:02 am

That line is there for a reason. If every possible situation and factor of "trolling" under the sun was listed in the rules it wouldn't be needed, but they aren't. Admins are given the power to make choices. If an admin feels that something is having a negative effect on server play they are within their rights to make that decision. They might be wrong or they might be right, but they have that right. Ultimately Phaiz decides and it may or not get overturned, but that's why we have this process.

As i see it, ignoring a teammate and letting them burn to death (but making the effort to say "no") while you keep an undamaged pocket topped off is pretty rude. I don't see much difference between dying to that or having to kill yourself to get out of a tele trap, either way, your teammate isn't much of one and might be considered "trolling".

Edit:removed duplicate sentence
I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with
All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you
Hatter
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » September 7th, 2016, 12:10 am

BLACKNIGGA08 wrote:my name is blacknigga08 not "blacknigger08" or "blackfaggot08" please dont assume derogatory terms towards me, as I am black.

I'm not assuming anything, I told you what the rule is quite clearly:

Gangsta Luigi wrote:"Blacknigga08" you're not going to help Rose's case like that.

Also, the word "nigger" is against our rules, as is the word "faggot" and any version of either. Not actually sure if you can change your name but if you can't an admin will probably delete your account so make a new one with appropriate language please.

"Nigga" is a variation of "nigger". And I included "faggot" in there because I'm trying to help you understand our language rule before you potentially get in trouble.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Phaiz » September 7th, 2016, 12:11 am

While I look into this further and consider everything I want to tell everyone here that if you can't be civil or have nothing relevant to add to a ban appeal you do not need to be posting here.

Give me a few moments while I look this over.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ineedanewname995 » September 7th, 2016, 12:15 am

"nigger" and "nigga" are quite different. yes "nigga" comes from "nigger" but "nigga" is used as a "good" thing between 2 black men/women. "nigger" is a racist, derogatory term used to label blacks. "nigga" is usually used in context as "whats up my nigga" or "you're my nigga" not "you're my nigger" implying you would own them. please do not even attempt to ban my account based on my name. i have not offended anyone.
Attachments
baskl.jpg
another pic for reference.
baskl.jpg (4.2 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
ineedanewname995

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » September 7th, 2016, 12:29 am

What is this even anymore
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Dolan » September 7th, 2016, 12:43 am

Please keep posts past this point, on the POINT of the appeal.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Phaiz » September 7th, 2016, 12:45 am

Johnny Wise wrote:Hatter, the very fact that staff discretion is a part of a rule opens the door to abuse. A general definition of a troll class is someone deliberately preventing their team from playing the game (Tele-trapping, spawn trapping, etc.) Pocket medic is not a part of this, and rules should NEVER be open to interpretation. The very fact that they are means that they cannot be rules, but they are opinions and therefore do not need to be followed.

By highlighting this particular portion of the rule, you have invalidated your entire argument. If you want rules to be properly enforced, then they need to be set in stone and dealt in absolutes.

Our rules aren't perfect and we are always open to suggestions on how to improve them. However this is not the proper place to discuss rules.

ineedanewname995 wrote:FREE DIS BOI :lol:

You're name is against our rules. Feel free to PM me with another name and I will change it, otherwise tomorrow sometime I'll be picking something for you. You might say "nigga" isn't racist but considering it would be if it came from a white person, it's against the rules.

rose-m wrote:4.) Getting banned for the way which I chose to play medic is utterly unacceptable, no where in the rules is it stated how a class is specifically supposed to play. Therefor chosing to pocket my friend is not a reason to give a ban. With this, the reason of """Ignoring Admin""" is a bit misleading. I was asked to spread the heals, I didn't; this is not against the rules. Also of note this is not the first time I've done this with the same exact friend, but it is the first time an admin has used their power to influence the situation.

Finally I'd like to point out that this is clearly a sign of an admin overstepping their authority for their own ego/statistical gains.

I've demoted admins before who liked enjoying their power a little too much so believe me when I say you aren't going to be punished for personal gain. It's something I flat out won't tolerate.

Ages ago we did have a rule against pocketing all together (wasn't my idea) but it was in fact removed. I do agree with you that we shouldn't tell you how to play in general, in fact it was covered in our latest meeting. However purposefully allowing team mates to die from burning for example would be something that should be covered in the rules. I'm not asking you to mix up your ubers, I'm just asking that you at least heal someone enough to put out the fire. As I said above our rules are not perfect and this could be considered a classic example of that. That being said I can understand how all of this took place.

Obviously I need to take another look at the rules and see how we can prevent issues such as this in the future. I'll go ahead and remove your ban (it may take several minutes to clear completely) and welcome you both back to our servers and accept my apology.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Appeals