2) I am appealing a (ban or silence) -

3) Direct link to your ban or silence -

4) Reasons you should be unbanned -

5) Any evidence you have to support your case -

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) STEAM_0:0:61822575

2.) Its a ban.

3.) http://bans.skvrs.com/index.php?p=banli ... mid&Submit

4.) Getting banned for the way which I chose to play medic is utterly unacceptable, no where in the rules is it stated how a class is specifically supposed to play. Therefor chosing to pocket my friend is not a reason to give a ban. With this, the reason of """Ignoring Admin""" is a bit misleading. I was asked to spread the heals, I didn't; this is not against the rules. Also of note this is not the first time I've done this with the same exact friend, but it is the first time an admin has used their power to influence the situation.

5.) Go ahead and check those server logs, should have anything necessary related to this.

Finally I'd like to point out that this is clearly a sign of an admin overstepping their authority for their own ego/statistical gains.
Last edited by rose-m on September 6th, 2016, 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rose-m

Re: Appealing 1 day ban on principle.

Postby Clone » September 6th, 2016, 7:59 pm

Of course pocketing is probably the dumbest shit in TF2 and just show a lack of respect for other players.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby rose-m » September 6th, 2016, 8:02 pm

Clone wrote:Of course pocketing is probably the dumbest shit in TF2 and just show a lack of respect for other players.

Like it or not, such actions are not in violation of stated server rules. The ban is thusly still unjustified.
rose-m

Postby Justin » September 6th, 2016, 8:07 pm

No action will be taken until you follow the proper format for appeals.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby rose-m » September 6th, 2016, 8:27 pm

Justin wrote:No action will be taken until you follow the proper format for appeals.

Edited for proper format.
rose-m

Postby Gangsta Luigi » September 6th, 2016, 9:36 pm

Going to chime in and say that >>>if<<< things went the way Rose said they did then giving him/her a ban is quite the overstep because you're butthurt about the way the person plays.

Assuming Rose isn't lying, this is the dumbest ban I've seen given out in my 2 years of being here on Skiver.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby rose-m » September 6th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Gangsta Luigi wrote:Going to chime in and say that >>>if<<< things went the way Rose said they did then giving him/her a ban is quite the overstep because you're butthurt about the way the person plays.

Assuming Rose isn't lying, this is the dumbest ban I've seen given out in my 2 years of being here on Skiver.

I assure you it went pretty much as the server logs should show, I was asked for heals, I said no in chat and by using the "no" voice macro. Which then draws the response of a threat of using admins powers, more or less to coerce me into giving heals. Even with the threat of kicks and bans I did not give heals. More or less because I do not feel that admins have the power to specifically enforce a player to play the way they would want them to. For example would the situation be any different if the admin had requested that while playing sniper, the other team's sniper remove DDS or get kicked banned, because they do not like how the use of DDS is impacting their gameplay?

It would be highly enjoyable if the admin responsible would present their view of events.
rose-m

Postby crazie » September 6th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Thank you for giving me a moment to respond so gracious of you. I have no problem with you giving an uber to the same person no matter what class they play. What I do have an issue with is a medic refusing to heal the team. I asked you to please at least heal others. You said you were going to ignore me. I told you that was your choice. You were trolling plain and simple. 7. Trolls - Troll engineers as well as other troll classes will not be tolerated. We want you to have fun, but you still need to help your team. (This will be handled at the staffs discretion) . I kicked you as a warning. You them came back and did the same thing. You were letting your teammates die right in front of you.
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby rose-m » September 6th, 2016, 10:14 pm

crazie wrote:Thank you for giving me a moment to respond so gracious of you. I have no problem with you giving an uber to the same person no matter what class they play. What I do have an issue with is a medic refusing to heal the team. I asked you to please at least heal others. You said you were going to ignore me. I told you that was your choice. You were trolling plain and simple. 7. Trolls - Troll engineers as well as other troll classes will not be tolerated. We want you to have fun, but you still need to help your team. (This will be handled at the staffs discretion) . I kicked you as a warning. You them came back and did the same thing. You were letting your teammates die right in front of you.

I might find this slightly more convincing if you weren't the very first admin to take enough offense to my playing to make use of your powers, I've had more then enough people go after me for it in the past on that server, but not once did admins decide to step in. I feel if you were truly disapointed with my playing, you could have gone med yourself and gave the heals i wouldnt.
rose-m

Postby crazie » September 6th, 2016, 10:26 pm

You are going to think whatever you like I can't change that . Maybe another admin didn't notice because there were always other medics on the team. I have no idea why no one has done anything about this before and frankly It doesn't matter. But when other teammates are complaining that is when I decided to step in.
crazie
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Next

Return to Appeals