Appeal to a silence

You may appeal your ban or silence here

Re: Appeal to a silence

Postby Phaiz » October 3rd, 2016, 3:09 am

We have increasingly longer punishments because it helps to prevent some people from breaking the rules over and over. If every time you do something it just ends up with a 1 day ban, no one would really care.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tony25 » October 3rd, 2016, 1:25 pm

Id have to agree with wise, it pretty much is a favorite game, and he can attest to it the other day i was spamming more than yogi was and i didnt even get anyone saying to stop, im not a admin nor anyone to say something about how the server is ran but im going to say there is alot of injustice going on
tony25

Postby Gangsta Luigi » October 3rd, 2016, 1:26 pm

Were there admins on at that time? Or regulars? There are times when the regulars and admins are busy with work/school and the server goes unmediated.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby hydreigonxyz » October 3rd, 2016, 2:51 pm

Just to address the issues that are being brought up here:

1) As you saw clearly from clones chatlog yogi was given multiple warnings regarding his spamming
Whether it was "messing around" or not he was advised by an admin to stop.
Because he failed to do so action was taken. Additionally, this isnt his first offence so he should be aware of the rules by now regarding spamming.
With that being said, regarding the issue of "favouritism" there is none at all between any admins.
Basing the issue of favouritism on instances of players spamming the chat often is making major assumptions that a) the admin noticied and is allowing it to happen and b) there was an admin to begin with
If there was an admin present while certain players supposedly spammed often then I apologize that we as admins were'nt aware of it
But please bear in mind we're prone to errors ourselves
That being said I am certain that if an admin did notice such actions all of our staff will follow the correct procedure of warnings then punishment if continued

Overall, the whole thing is a closed case
The silence will not be removed as an admin was aware and did give out warnings
Evidence was supplied which further solidifies the issue
hydreigonxyz
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby hawkesnightmare » October 3rd, 2016, 3:00 pm

Wise, Tony, can you give us some examples of favoritism from the admins, preferably with some proof? Also please PM Phaiz, Hyd or Crazie about this, both to keep this thread as clean as possible and to avoid cases of mob justice before any verdicts are given.

Sorry Yogi. Crazie and I agreed that you probably weren't going to win the appeal, but you had already gone by the time it was brought up.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Phaiz » October 3rd, 2016, 3:35 pm

Ban appeals aren't the place to bring up other issues, especially if it isn't your appeal.

As I've said many times before - if you honestly believe that an admin is playing favorites or is abusing their power, give me something to work with and I'll be happy to investigate. If I acted every single time someone just says "Admin abuse!" and is unable to give me something to work with, I'd literally be the only admin. You also have to make sure you aren't confusing flexibility with favoritism. Believe it or not the admins are not simply clones of me who do everything exactly the way I would every single time. That would make life easier but I understand that my admins are people and their opinion might not be the same as mine.

Anyway please don't piggyback appeals to make accusations, use the report thread or message me on Steam so we can meet up on mumble.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Appeals