Postby Dxun » September 12th, 2017, 2:32 pm

REPORT MESSAGE -
Dustbowl Class Wars
09/12/17 - 2:20 PM EDT
SKVR Clone [QR]

http://i.imgur.com/gTD9tvq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0AXljty.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IEYdsgO.jpg

I don't want this admin banned, of course. But I think their actions were out of line. So it's early afternoon, not many players on the server. Admin randomly decides to not allow me to cap, which removes the whole point of playing if you're on Blu. And the admin, without warning, slayed me just when I had broken through the sentries on Red and was capping last.

They claimed that they did it to keep us all from having to endure setup time all the time.
Except: most of the time, even when player count is low, Red has the advantage, so usually Blu doesn't cap all that quickly.
Except: this admin did literally nothing when it was Red heavies vs Blu spies, forcing us to endure fifteen minutes of literally nothing happening because one Red heavy was sitting in the corner on the point, not allowing any spy any chance to cap or do anything, especially since two of the spies (not me) were friendly the whole round (against server rules btw).
Except: this admin gave me no warning or attempt to discuss the matter with me beforehand. They punished me even though I was playing the objective and was not breaking any server rules.
Except: this admin "told" me to cap, after I discussed the matter with him, even though there was NOW a wrangled sentry on last with a dispenser right next to it. So there was no conceivable way for me to win/accomplish the objective now. Even though I now had "permission" to cap, there wasn't any way for me to do so.

I would have been more than willing to discuss things had the admin brought up the issue of interminable setup times during the setup time of that round, which they claimed was really long. But they didn't, and basically made it impossible for me to do anything.
Dxun
Donator
Donator

Re: SKVR Clone [QR] - Admin abuse

Postby Clone » September 12th, 2017, 4:16 pm

I don't remember being on during s heavy vs spy round but anyway.
I never prevented you from capping, yes sure I slayed you once on a 1v1 but I didn't think it would turn out like this. Being friendlies isn't against server's rules. This rules is there and applied only when the server is full to avoid players taking up slots. Sorry about it this won't happen in the future.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Dxun » September 12th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Appreciate you replying. I think we're cool now. Like I said, you might want to put something in the server rules about capping potentially being disabled if there are low player counts. It really blindsided me.
Dxun
Donator
Donator

Postby Phaiz » September 12th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Dxun wrote:Appreciate you replying. I think we're cool now. Like I said, you might want to put something in the server rules about capping potentially being disabled if there are low player counts. It really blindsided me.

It's not a rule and until now I had completely forgotten it was something I added earlier this year but it will be removed.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Justin » September 14th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Looks like this has been handled amicably by all parties so I'm locking the thread.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Return to Reporting