Recommend me a good USB headset

Any tech talk about PCs

Recommend me a good USB headset

Postby Anal Hamster Rides » August 11th, 2016, 11:52 pm

So my headset died and I cant use the splitter anymore so I caj only talk on skype and mumble via my android tablet.

Can somebody recommend me a decent headset i can buy online? Like one that doesnt cost as much as the cancer on gaming that is Turtle Beach.
Anal Hamster Rides

Re: Recommend me a good USB headset

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » August 12th, 2016, 12:08 am

Ive had these Sades A60 Headset since my birthday (July 6)
They work fine, i hear everything well. Even if you dont extend the microphone out, it still works fine. (People can hear you still)

EDIT
these I got for 40 bucks (including S and H)
Last edited by Battle Hardened Fox on April 20th, 2017, 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby hawkesnightmare » August 12th, 2016, 12:09 am

Turtle Beaches are actually pretty good. While they're not too terribly durable, the mic quality is fantastic. What's your budget for the headset?
EDIT: I have a HyperX Cloud II headset ($100). Almost perfect sound quality with switchable 7.1 surround sound. Mic quality isn't the best, but almost none of the reviews cite an issue with it.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Clone » August 12th, 2016, 12:25 am

*Moved to Tech Talk*

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Justin » August 12th, 2016, 10:46 am

Logitech G35 for $60

Surround sound, pretty durable, never had complaints about my mic quality across multiple voip programs or in-game. The cord is really long (~3m) but needs to be flattened/uncoiled asap when you buy it or the woven cloth on it will degrade kinda quickly.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Clone » August 12th, 2016, 11:21 am

Only problem with G35 is it's stuck with 7.1 settings. Meaning that games like Rocksmith refuse to work with it.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Justin » August 12th, 2016, 1:45 pm

Clone wrote:Only problem with G35 is it's stuck with 7.1 settings. Meaning that games like Rocksmith refuse to work with it.

Iirc that's because Rocksmith wants 16bit 48kHz and Stereo. You should be able to change that in the advanced properties menu for the playback device, but it is a bit of an odd setting.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Clone » August 12th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Justin wrote:
Clone wrote:Only problem with G35 is it's stuck with 7.1 settings. Meaning that games like Rocksmith refuse to work with it.

Iirc that's because Rocksmith wants 16bit 48kHz and Stereo. You should be able to change that in the advanced properties menu for the playback device, but it is a bit of an odd setting.

I use a G35 everyday and no it is IMPOSSIBLE to change it to anything other than 7.1. Some media players and Rocksmith refuse to work with it.

EDIT: *picture*
Attachments
boom.png

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Justin » August 12th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Clone, use the logitech software and turn off surround sound with that (have program running then use the switch on the earpiece) - Logitech gear really likes to only listen to their software for some reason. I'm at work on break so I can't really check my home set-up and I don't use Rocksmith.

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Clone » August 12th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Justin wrote:Clone, use the logitech software and turn off surround sound with that (have program running then use the switch on the earpiece) - Logitech gear really likes to only listen to their software for some reason. I'm at work on break so I can't really check my home set-up and I don't use Rocksmith.

That only turn off the surround on the headset itself but Windows still output surround no matter what. As I said, you CANNOT turn off 7.1 no matter what.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Return to Tech talk