Skiver Orange sound bug

You may report server or forum related issues here

Skiver Orange sound bug

Postby VyKing » October 23rd, 2015, 8:32 pm

For a long time now, on orange (Ive never noticed it on any other skiver servers) the resupply sound will continuously play on repeat. Multiple people are having this problem, most people just tune it out but its finally driving me nuts enough to file a report. Im not sure if this is known about. I know of the snd_restard command but that only works like 1 out 10. Im sure I could record a demo if its necessary, it happens literally every time I'm there.
VyKing

Re: Skiver Orange sound bug

Postby Phaiz » October 23rd, 2015, 8:40 pm

In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby VyKing » October 23rd, 2015, 9:06 pm

So theres fuck all I can do about it?
VyKing

Postby Justin » October 23rd, 2015, 9:15 pm

VyKing wrote:So theres fuck all I can do about it?

That depends, does using snd_restart in console fix the problem?
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby VyKing » October 23rd, 2015, 9:21 pm

I know of the snd_restard command but that only works like 1 out 10.

I just logged off of orange, and I'm not really sure if the command worked at all. It would randomly stop after I died but it would just restart after I picked up a kit. Phaiz said in a nother post that an update fixed the problem, but it didnt for me.
VyKing

Postby Phaiz » October 24th, 2015, 2:31 am

VyKing wrote:
I know of the snd_restard command but that only works like 1 out 10.

I just logged off of orange, and I'm not really sure if the command worked at all. It would randomly stop after I died but it would just restart after I picked up a kit. Phaiz said in a nother post that an update fixed the problem, but it didnt for me.

Late last year / early this year, Valve broke soundscapes on a lot of custom TF2 maps (this happened on Orange without a new version as well). I don't know how.
I spent two months trying to figure out what went wrong with my map and trying to fix it while not knowing it was Valves' fault.
Eventually Valve fixed the problem, either knowingly or unknowingly, and the map had soundscapes once again without a version update.

Currently there are only two soundscapes in the level and both of them are located in each teams spawn room.

Are there specific areas you hear or don't hear the loop? Are you/other players doing anything specific that seems to trigger it (reloading, etc)?
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TRUTECH » October 24th, 2015, 8:19 am

Phaiz wrote:Are there specific areas you hear or don't hear the loop? Are you/other players doing anything specific that seems to trigger it (reloading, etc)?

He did mention picking up an ammo pack
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Postby VyKing » October 24th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Are there specific areas you hear or don't hear the loop?

As far as I've noticed, its when I walk past a resupply locker, pick up a kit, and sometimes it just happens randomly in the towers. I apologize that I cant be of more help than this. I honestly cant figure out what causes it or when it happens simply because, for me at least, its always happening. From the time I join the server until I leave that sound is playing. I wasn't sure if this was known about or not. Seeing as you've spent so much time on this already, I'm sure this is really fucking frustrating. I'll do my best to pay more attention and find out whats triggering it.
VyKing

Postby VyKing » October 24th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Alright after about 20 minutes of just running around the map, I've noticed a few things. I don't think the sound is actually looping. I've noticed the sound only plays when I walk past a health or ammo drop, whether I pick it up or not. Given how I play, and where the drops are located, and how players drop ammo kits when killed it happens so frequently that it sounds like its looping. Also, for some reason the sound also plays when walking around the middle tower, generally when you walk past each level. It happens when you walk past the drops on the second floor, the third form platform (idk why here, there are no drops, could be just from passing the drops on the roof), and on the roof. This happens on both the inside and outside ramps leading up the tower. I want to make note that its the resupply sound playing, not the pick up sound.
VyKing

Postby Phaiz » October 24th, 2015, 2:48 pm

I'll see if I can do some testing in order to narrow it down
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Technical Issues