!admins

You may report server or forum related issues here

!admins

Postby Justin » November 11th, 2015, 9:14 pm

The !admins command lists seeders (and donors?) as admins in the in-game chat (it also opens an motd with the Skiver Admins steam group).

If we cannot isolate the plug-in to only display admins, would it be possible to disable the print to chat part of the plug-in?
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: !admins

Postby Clone » November 11th, 2015, 10:15 pm

I am a donor and it never really been a problem to be honest. Other donors and me quickly dismiss anyone saying that we are admins but I understand the misunderstanding it can cause. (I just want to say that and I'm not agaisnt removing the print to chat.)

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Phaiz » November 11th, 2015, 10:38 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skiveradmins

Using /admins or !admins will bring this page up in the MOTD, can be used to see if any admins are online if none are on your friends list. These same commands are also hooked to the popup showing admins on the current server. I will have to see if I can change it to use just one of them and show only certain admin flags.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TRUTECH » November 12th, 2015, 7:14 am

I can confirm this, the command was showing a player as an admin, I am unsure of whether or not he was a donor. He was not an admin though.
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Postby Clone » November 12th, 2015, 10:51 am

TRUTECH wrote:I can confirm this, the command was showing a player as an admin, I am unsure of whether or not he was a donor. He was not an admin though.

Seeders also appear ad admins.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby TRUTECH » November 12th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Clone wrote:
TRUTECH wrote:I can confirm this, the command was showing a player as an admin, I am unsure of whether or not he was a donor. He was not an admin though.

Seeders also appear as admins.

Sorry, I didn't know if he was or not.
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Postby hawkesnightmare » November 24th, 2015, 2:11 am

I thought of a potential fix for this. The reason that donors and seeders show up as admins, is essentially because they get admin privileges without the admin powers. If it was at all possible to separate these three groups from each other and then tie a server message to their respective commands (!donate, !seeders), it would help avoid the confusion of who is who. I have precisely zero knowledge of how code works and if it is even possible, but I feel like it would be cool to see who the donors online are if someone is thinking about donating to the server.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Return to Technical Issues