!motd and !rules not working

You may report server or forum related issues here

!motd and !rules not working

Postby Clone » January 30th, 2016, 2:13 am

Many players on the server reported !motd and !rules not working. (Works fine for me) The same players said that no ads are showing nor they are able to access any !motd features. It seems to be stuck in loading. It is apparently not related to any HUD or mods.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: !motd and !rules not working

Postby Phaiz » January 30th, 2016, 3:53 am

Valve broke MOTDs back in early December with one of the Steam updates. They've yet to fix it and unfortunately there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, however it isn't 100% broken as it still works sometimes for some people.

What this effects:

- The rules plugin, which is actually a web shortcut plugin which displays several other pages (not just !rules)
- Advertisements. Ad views (as well as money earned from these ads) is down 90%.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TRUTECH » January 30th, 2016, 8:45 am

Oh no! I hope they fix it soon, I thought I just had some kind of adbocker somehow... I couldn't use the rules plugin (I wanted a refresher) and it was just loading...
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Postby Justin » January 30th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Phaiz wrote:Valve broke MOTDs back in early December with one of the Steam updates. They've yet to fix it and unfortunately there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, however it isn't 100% broken as it still works sometimes for some people.

What this effects:

- The rules plugin, which is actually a web shortcut plugin which displays several other pages (not just !rules)
- Advertisements. Ad views (as well as money earned from these ads) is down 90%.

Then why are other plug-ins which require motds still working? Sizzlingstats and logs.tf plug-ins are still working like normal.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Phaiz » January 30th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Justin wrote:
Phaiz wrote:Valve broke MOTDs back in early December with one of the Steam updates. They've yet to fix it and unfortunately there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, however it isn't 100% broken as it still works sometimes for some people.

What this effects:

Then why are other plug-ins which require motds still working? Sizzlingstats and logs.tf plug-ins are still working like normal.

I don't know the specifics as to why or what exactly is broken, but the motds still work correctly for some people.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Technical Issues