A welcome to Competitive TF2

TF2 related discussion

A welcome to Competitive TF2

Postby Socrates » July 9th, 2016, 4:54 pm

So after this update many people complained about the lack of quick play, but in my opinion it could help out tf2 community servers in a way
Here Froyo B4nny one of the most recognized pro tf2 players gives us a rundown and welcome as to why we should actually be excited
i think we can all cease our scoffing to at least appreciate that tf2 is changing..if thats a good thing well see.
Socrates
Donator
Donator

Re: A welcome to Competitive TF2

Postby Clone » July 9th, 2016, 5:51 pm

(Taken from a review) Here's most of the problems:
"You are penalized for leaving a CASUAL game. (How does that make sense?)
You can NOT pick what map you wish to play on in "Casual"
You may NOT pick which game mode you wish to play on in "Casual"
Queues to get into a "Casual" game are 30 minutes long on average
There is a ranking system in "Casual"
As of right now the "TF2 Game Coordinator" is absolute trash and crashes frequently making that 30 minutes you spend waiting at a silent queueing screen plus the 30 minutes of "Highlander with no skill" gameplay go to absolute waste as you lose all your progress
The server browser is and always has been trash.
There is no reliable way to find a quick pickup game where you won't be spammed with dozens of adverts (I'm looking at you Skial servers)
I've been matched in lobbies where my ping is over 150. After queuing for over 15 minutes, that is an absolute disappointment."

And on top of that you can't just keep playing you HAVE TO go back to the main menu and wait AGAIN to play another match.
Casual mode is hardly casual.
The Trainwreck Update is killing TF2 right now. Valve needs to add pubs and quickplay back or else they'll most a lot of players.

This guy really have no idea what's going on. "Feel so much healthier" my ass.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Gangsta Luigi » July 9th, 2016, 7:01 pm

WHY is TF2 changing? It had a PERFECT formula before they removed things like quickplay...basically everything that Clone said is what I think.

The game didn't NEED this. It's been the third most played game on Steam for 3 years and before that it was #1. Why break a working formula? B4nny views the update from a competitive standpoint which is the minority of the players.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby TRUTECH » July 10th, 2016, 11:57 am

From what I hear, the TF2 Team is actually listening and is trying to reach a... compromise, I guess is the best way to put it.
But, this may just be me playing Devil's Advocate.

Spoiler Alert!
Volvo wrote:Finally, we wanted to note that we value the role the community plays in the development of this game, and do in fact read all the feedback sent to us, as well as through reddit, the forums, streams, and more. We are not always as talkative as we perhaps should be, but we are listening.
Beware my awkwardness! I am the thread killer.
TRUTECH

Return to Hat Simulator 2