NA Iron Highlander Team! Sign Up & Play!

TF2 related discussion

NA Iron Highlander Team! Sign Up & Play!

Postby Gangsta Luigi » September 15th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Knights of Dustbowl!

So! I know I had made a thread for this last Highlander season, but then all my life stuff happened and I got busy, but now I'm ready to actually make a team with friends from Skiver! I'll lay out everything you need to know below.

The Roster

MAINS

Scout - Mush
Soldier - Marshal
Pyro - Battle Hardened Fox
Demoman -
Heavy -
Engineer -
Medic -
Sniper - Tony
Spy - Gangsta Luigi

FAQ

What IS Highlander?

Highlander is a competitive style mode in which two teams of nine, one of each class on each team, battle each other across Valve and Community created 5 CP, Attack/Defense, CTF, Payload, and King of the Hill maps.

When would we play matches?

By default, teams are to play on Monday's at 9:30 PM Eastern Time. However this isn't rigid; through communication with the other team, a match can have it's time and even date changed. Keep in mind, though, that most people generally want to play at the default time as they work their schedule around that. Most scrimmages occur on weekends, on Saturdays or Sundays. These aren't required but it's generally a good idea to participate in them.

How long is the season?

Season 20 is eight weeks long, with 3 weeks of playoffs should we qualify, however we might only play eight if we don't get to the playoffs.

How long are matches?

In general, most matches last about 30 minutes. However, matches can range up to an hour or even more then that if teams stalemate for a long time, or if attackers take a very long time breaking defenses during games.

What can I apply for?

Currently I'm only taking people that volunteer to play as a main on one of the classes. If you want to sub, please wait until you see that all main slots are filled. I will be editing this post as people sign up and adding a subs section to the roster above once we get 9 main players, so keep an eye out on that.

What skill division are we playing in?

While I feel that several of the players in the group could play at a Steel level or higher, I think it would be best to start out at Iron, the lowest level, to "get our feet wet" so to speak.

------------

THINGS YOU'LL NEED

Mumble Download (We're going to use Skiver's Mumble server for matches, scrims, and discussion about the team. You can find the Skiver Mumble information in the Skiver Community Steam Group)
Team Steam Group
Highlander Rules & Guidelines

(I will add the link to our team page on the UGC website once the team gets accepted - keep an eye out on this post!)

To apply, simply leave your Steam name, Steam ID, class you want to play, and any other info I should know and/or questions you have. I'm excited to really commit to making a team this time around. Don't worry if you think you aren't the best player - I'm not either. This is solely for fun with friends.

NOTE: The season starts on the 26th. If we don't have enough players by then, we'll have to join in next season. Don't hesitate to sign up!
Last edited by Gangsta Luigi on September 18th, 2016, 3:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Re: NA Iron Highlander Team! Sign Up & Play!

Postby tony25 » September 15th, 2016, 3:48 pm

scout
tony25

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » September 15th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Pyro

EDIT: if I'm correct, this is 6 or 7 PM, Pacific time?
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Justin » September 15th, 2016, 9:10 pm

In Iron it's likely you'll net a few wins just by showing up and being ready on time. Other teams may be sticklers for default match time/day, and if they can play that time and you can't they might just force a forfeit instead of working with you.

It will be highly unlikely that your matches just take half an hour. I would block off closer to an hour, extending to an hour and half on 5cp maps. Matches will never start on time, but do not be the team that makes everyone wait on them.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby tony25 » September 17th, 2016, 1:57 pm

switch me to sniper pls :]
tony25

Postby Navar » September 18th, 2016, 1:31 pm

Navar

Navar4477

Engineer
Huzzah!
Navar

Postby Gangsta Luigi » September 18th, 2016, 1:42 pm

Navar wrote:Navar

Navar4477

Engineer

Can you add me please? Link to my steam is in my signature.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby MrMush » September 18th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Mush

Scout

(Pretty sure that's my ID)
MrMush

Postby Marshal » September 18th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Marshal

Soldier
Marshal

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » September 18th, 2016, 4:40 pm

Request to use discord instead of mumble
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Next

Return to Hat Simulator 2