Remove Three Things From TF2

TF2 related discussion

Remove Three Things From TF2

Postby Gangsta Luigi » November 2nd, 2016, 10:30 am

So if you had the power to remove three things from the game, what would they be? And why? I'd like to see what points are made.

Here are mine:

1: Random Crits

Anyone who knows me knows I loathe these as a mechanic. I believe that they are objectively unbalanced. A common argument I see for them being balanced is that they give new players a fair chance against experienced players, but random crits are based on damage done in the last several seconds, which logically and statistically would mean that the experienced, better players would actually be getting more crits than the new players. Therefore it creates a situation in which the experienced players pubstomp even harder. And additionally, I think surprise random one-hit kills built in to the game are a terrible idea in a game that's based around several non-random constants (class HP pools, DPS, movement speed, etc) It's incredibly unfun to just die to a crit because the other guy got lucky and you didn't, even if you were outplaying him. TF2 would be a much better and more balanced game without them.

2: The Homewrecker

This weapon was a good idea in concept but I feel that it fits into TF2 terribly. As someone who plays Spy frequently, I can assure you that just GETTING to where an Engineer is holed up with a Sentry nest can be a challenge due to the crossfire between the teams, not even to mention that one spray of flames from a Pyro and you're almost always guaranteed death. Yet even if you DO get there, manage to stab the Engineer and sap everything, your hard work is literally taken away by a Pyro hitting M1 one time. I think it's ridiculously unfair to the Spy as a class because you're essentially preventing him from accomplishing one of his primary roles which is sapping Sentries. If a Spy manages to avoid the already anti-Spy Pyro, along with all the other enemies that can easily defeat him in combat, AND end up stabbing the Engineer or sapping his gun, then he deserves to get that sap building kill, period. And this argument goes for that Chinese paddle thing for him too, because it also removes sappers.

3: The Red Tape Recorder

Fuck this thing.

Seriously.

If you're not hitting your Sentry the SECOND that this thing gets placed on it, it's a guaranteed Level 2. And the worst part is that as the Engineer you can't actually deal with the Spy because if you do you'll likely have a Level 1, making 400 of your metal invested into it vanish when all he had to do is M1 repeatedly while running around your Sentry so you can't hit him with your wrench or shotgun. And also there's the fact that downgrading a building that has metal contributed to an upgrade makes it VANISH. That's unfair as fuck - at least have the metal drop in a box or return to the Engineer. Metal can often be hard to obtain, and this sapper's ability to make it disappear constantly from buildings makes Engineer's job extremely harder than it already IS. This includes Dispensers too, so if someone downgrades a Level 3 Dispenser that was full of metal to a Level 2, then ALL OF THAT METAL IS GONE. I didn't think it was unfair at first, but after a few years...I think it's unfair without question.

Other then these three, I think TF2 is for the most part a well balanced game, though.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: Lorhardt#1775

When all you have is a hammer...everyone else is a nail. — Reinhardt Wilhelm

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Re: Remove Three Things From TF2

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » November 2nd, 2016, 12:21 pm

2 out of 3 things here already made me mad XD
Edit: mad because you want them removed .3.
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Animus » November 2nd, 2016, 2:07 pm

I wouldn't really remove any of them. :d Maybe Competitive, but that might come with some Backlash. And Causal, or at least redefine it so it was less "Not Competitive, but still Competitive" And re-add QuikPlay. :d
Animus
Skiver
Skiver

Postby clulessgamer » November 2nd, 2016, 2:21 pm

I think crits are fine, homewrecker, maybe even lower player damage even more, and RED tape recorder does need a HUGE NERF. Now days it is just common courtesy to not use it, just like the Reserve Shooter. Other than that, I cant think of anything I would remove, just re-work.
Want to play?http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064704196
Want to chat? Discord - Cluelessgaming
clulessgamer

Postby Battle Hardened Fox » November 2nd, 2016, 2:33 pm

Homewrecker doesn't need a nerf
It needs a buff! It should be common sense for a spy to kill the pyro quickly anyway
If it needs a nerf, lower swing speed
Everybody out of my way. I got a hat full of bomb, a hand full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Battle Hardened Fox

Postby Gangsta Luigi » November 2nd, 2016, 3:19 pm

Battle Hardened Fox wrote:Homewrecker doesn't need a nerf
It needs a buff! It should be common sense for a spy to kill the pyro quickly anyway

It's common sense for the Spy to kill his counter class?

It's common sense to avoid him. Trying to take out Pyro as Spy is like the riskiest thing ever. Spy in general is the riskiest thing ever which is why I don't think it's fair that his achievement is ruined by a melee swing.

Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby tony25 » November 2nd, 2016, 3:33 pm

1:Black Box
2: Chonch
3: Crit-a-cola
tony25

Postby Dolan » November 2nd, 2016, 4:25 pm

1. Tony

2. Tony's Scout

3. Tony's Demo

;) <3

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Johnny Wise » November 2nd, 2016, 4:33 pm

Gangsta Luigi wrote:
Battle Hardened Fox wrote:Homewrecker doesn't need a nerf

It's common sense for the Spy to kill his counter class?

It's common sense to avoid him. Trying to take out Pyro as Spy is like the riskiest thing ever. Spy in general is the riskiest thing ever which is why I don't think it's fair that his achievement is ruined by a melee swing.

This is why aim exists, Luigi. You can kill anyone as any class if your DM is good enough. Must I remind you of how Indust destroyed several high level comp soldiers in MGE as MEDIC?
Johnny Wise

Postby Gangsta Luigi » November 2nd, 2016, 4:47 pm

But every engagement isn't being fought in an MGE environment. Unless you manage to catch a Pyro in 1v1 and outside his range than any Pyro who can play worth anything would easily win. Not to mention any of his teammates that notice you.

Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Next

Return to Hat Simulator 2