Vote System Abuse on Orange

TF2 related discussion

Vote System Abuse on Orange

Postby DrSleyy » January 15th, 2017, 12:26 am

I'm not one to normally get like this but, some people lately have been going on SKiver Orange and abusing the votekick system to forebly remove people from the server for no reason. Namely two people named Mr-B and ale boogie, who after I told them to stop starting votekicks they began to kick me and other repeatedly from the server. Naturally, I'm not an admin, so I can't do anything to stop them, but if someone could please help, that would be great.
Reasons I never play scout include....

DrSleyy

Re: Vote System Abuse on Orange

Postby Geo Joe » January 15th, 2017, 8:31 am

Hi,

There is a system to report violators through the forum, so you might want to consider filling out the form.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=65

The server records a lot of information, so a vote abuser would be apparent from the logs.
Things that are not report able are hacking or voice related, unless you recorded a demo of the incident.
Best advice, if you can, call for an admin. If no admin is available, start your demo recording.
Oh and if it is voice spam, don't forget the personal client-sided mute button we all have.

P.S.
I wish they would turn off the vote system or restrict its use.
Geo Joe
Donator
Donator

Re: Vote System Abuse on Orange

Postby Hatter » January 15th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Checked chat logs, found both had used votekick over a dozen times in a short time period. Also a little bit of racism and chat spam for good measure.

Both given one day bans.

Locking thread.
I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with
All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you
Hatter
Senior Admin
Senior Admin