Mouse acceleration or no?

TF2 related discussion

Mouse acceleration or no?

Postby AnonyNoob » January 25th, 2015, 1:53 pm

I'm not asking whether or not a players aim is typically better with or without it. I'm asking if you USE mouse acceleration or not (If you don't know what it is, you probably do as it's on by default.)

Personally, I do use it.
Life of an engineer.

AnonyNoob
Skiver
Skiver

Re: Mouse acceleration or no?

Postby ANoNameIs » January 26th, 2015, 1:08 am

For a long time i used mouse accelerate, assuming the faster the mouse speed the more mlg Pro i'd be. Boy, i was stupid... dropping into static acceleration made me so much more accurate. Then again, different strokes for different folks! :mrgreen:
ANoNameIs

Postby Koyote Magic » January 26th, 2015, 2:11 am

It helps when sniping for me to have the acceleration down. Why? Well I don't over shoot the mouse in a panic to knock a few heads off. But when I play Pyro I return to my default 1.50 Acceleration :)
Relax and calm your mind. Forget about yourself and follow your opponent's movement.

Yip Man
Koyote Magic
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Justin » January 26th, 2015, 11:07 am

I have turned mouse acceleration off on every computer I've owned since 2006. I just never liked that if I bumped the mouse (or trackpad) that the cursor might go flying across the screen even if the mouse only moved a quarter of an inch.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Return to Hat Simulator 2