TF2 Won't read Mouse4?

TF2 related discussion

TF2 Won't read Mouse4?

Postby AnonyNoob » January 30th, 2015, 2:29 am

So I recently got a new mouse, this one having mouse4-7 on it (forward button, back button, and sidescroll buttons.) and, figuring I'd use at least one of them, I set mouse4 to toggle my weapon viewmodel. This was a couple days ago.

Today, I open TF2, and find that it suddenly won't toggle them. I experimented with it a bit and found that, while setting mouse5 to toggle them (or do anything else, for that matter) works fine, mouse4 isn't being read by TF2 at all.

I don't mind switching buttons here if I have to, but I'd kinda like mouse4 back. Anyone got any ideas what happened? The button works fine on everything BUT tf2.4

TL;DR: Mouse4 stopped responding on TF2, Mouse5 still responds, Mouse4 still works on everything BUT tf2.

EDIT: Restarting my computer fix'd it. TF2 is weird. It'll probably happen again. Restarting will probably fix it again.
Life of an engineer.

AnonyNoob
Skiver
Skiver

Re: TF2 Won't read Mouse4?

Postby Phaiz » January 30th, 2015, 9:52 am

If it's a razer it should have software with it that you can use to change bindings or, more complicated, do complex binds that trigger multiple buttons. I'd bind it in game then set the binding to that key on the mouse rather than just "mouse 4"
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AnonyNoob » January 30th, 2015, 12:22 pm

Phaiz wrote:If it's a razer it should have software with it that you can use to change bindings or, more complicated, do complex binds that trigger multiple buttons. I'd bind it in game then set the binding to that key on the mouse rather than just "mouse 4"

I have a logitech M510. While it DID come with software to change binds, to my knowledge that only affects desktop binds, and there's no way to use it to adjust in-game ones.
Life of an engineer.

AnonyNoob
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Justin » January 30th, 2015, 5:25 pm

If all your drivers are up to date and the button is working in other programs, I would see if you can map commands to M4 using the ingame options menu.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Phaiz » January 30th, 2015, 6:22 pm

AnonyNoob wrote:
Phaiz wrote:If it's a razer it should have software with it that you can use to change bindings or, more complicated, do complex binds that trigger multiple buttons. I'd bind it in game then set the binding to that key on the mouse rather than just "mouse 4"

I have a logitech M510. While it DID come with software to change binds, to my knowledge that only affects desktop binds, and there's no way to use it to adjust in-game ones.

What I mean is if you can bind mouse 4 to.. "G" and you bind "G" in game to open the taunt menu, pressing mouse 4 would open the taunt menu. I'm fairly certain mice devs have been releasing software that can do this for several years now so I would be surprised if you couldn't do that.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Hat Simulator 2