Prophunt and FF2 server info

Skiver news and general information

Prophunt and FF2 server info

Postby Phaiz » July 12th, 2016, 4:44 am

While I am fine tuning the server to be playable, progress/changes can be tracked here.

Remember, I do not have all of the answers for these game modes as I have never been a regular on them. However there are several members of Skiver who are well versed and may be able to fill in any gaps.

--

AFK Manager has been modified for this server only to accommodate players disguised as props. I wont disclose the exact timing but there should be more than enough.

Maps should be on a 35 minute timer with an automatic vote near the end featuring 5 new maps or extend current map and also excludes the past 3 maps. This one can be difficult to get working correctly and may take a few tries.

Speaking of maps, I am going to need a lot of feedback from anyone frequenting the server. I need to know ASAP which popular maps are missing from either mode and which maps are flopping. I will also be watching the numbers on my end. I want to have as few "dead" maps as possible, currently the server has 40 maps in the rotation (32 PH, 8 FF2).
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Prophunt and FF2 server info

Postby Phaiz » July 12th, 2016, 1:14 pm

The AFK manager is being stubborn and needs some more tweaking
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Accouter » July 12th, 2016, 4:14 pm

I'll be glad to help suggest some maps that I have seen that are popular if not on the list or if they are point them out to you. And also I will try out the hosted server once I get home.
I shall ride eternal shiny and chrome
Accouter
Donator
Donator

Postby Dolan » July 12th, 2016, 7:31 pm

Oh and whether or not you know this Phaiz but RTD exists and works normally on FF2/PH server.

One important thing to note. While I do like it, and is a good thing to keep on our server to make it unique. The toxic effect is extremely OP to bosses. Either make it so it's the lowest possible roll you can get (Which I suggest doing if possible) or I guess remove it.

The Phaiz "Automated" Message Service provides almost 24/7 messages directly over steam towards Phaiz and only Phaiz providing the service is online, if the service is offline or in case of service failure the messages will be provided through another out sourced "automated" message service provider.
Dolan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby TrollNinja » July 12th, 2016, 8:09 pm

I was a regular on a saxton hale server years ago and i get on a FF here and there to practice market gardening and such so i know how they work pretty well

what we should figure out is if these servers need new rules or not
I am the TrollNinja who hides in your closets and whispers out words of anarchy

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Add me here: http://www.steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049565756
TrollNinja
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Gangsta Luigi » July 12th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Figured I would put in my two cents regarding the rules debate (as I can't play and can't give feedback elsewhere)

I don't see why any new behavioral rules would need to be implemented. Everything from our old servers would be sufficient here, I think.
Add me on Steam HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brendanl
MY BATTLE.NET TAG: LorTarkam#1868

Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!
Ryuu-ga, Wa-ga-te-ki-wo, Ku-ra-u!

"No, it's cool man - bring your green hat! We're going streaking."
Gangsta Luigi
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Phaiz » July 15th, 2016, 3:54 am

AFK manager has been tweaked again. If the issues with it persist I may have to try a different plugin for this server.

Slots have also been increased from 26 to 32

edit-
Also added the Goomba Stomp

edit edit-
Demo sticky jumper "un-nerfed" as it is on Orange - can use all 8 stickies at one time instead of only 2.

I've added a few class restrictions, should be relevant/fair for both modes.***

Blu Engie limit = 1
Red Engie limit = 2
Red Spy limit = 1

***The spy class limit is temporary as I try to find a solution to the backstab issue and I'd rather have everyone watching one spy rather than block the class all together. Donors/seeders/admins can still bypass these limits as that has always been a perk with class limits.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Accouter » July 15th, 2016, 4:30 am

Got an error saying the server is running an older version of the game.
I shall ride eternal shiny and chrome
Accouter
Donator
Donator

Postby Phaiz » July 15th, 2016, 4:55 am

Accouter wrote:Got an error saying the server is running an older version of the game.

It may not be auto updating but it will with a restart (daily or forced). If it needs updated again before I can fix that and I'm not around, ask one of the senior admins to restart the server.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hawkesnightmare » July 15th, 2016, 5:26 pm

Phaiz wrote:***The spy class limit is temporary as I try to find a solution to the backstab issue and I'd rather have everyone watching one spy rather than block the class all together. Donors/seeders/admins can still bypass these limits as that has always been a perk with class limits.

I know that on x10 servers, spies with extra health from Kunai kills are not instantly killed from another spy's backstab (does ~600 damage instead). Perhaps there's something in the coding of that gamemode that can be implemented with FF to fix the issue.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Server Admin
Server Admin

Next

Return to News