Voting system changes

Skiver news and general information

Re: Voting system changes

Postby MuffinManV » January 23rd, 2017, 10:31 pm

Clone wrote:We already considered this option. Unfortunatly it is not possible at this moment.

I'm sure this involves something beyond my knowledge, as I don't know how the stamm system is managed, but I'm simply curious as to why that won't work. Not trying to question your statement, I just wanna know the technicalities behind it. If you don't want to be bothered, that's fine, too.
MuffinManV

Postby Clone » January 24th, 2017, 2:55 pm

MuffinManV wrote:
Clone wrote:We already considered this option. Unfortunatly it is not possible at this moment.

I'm sure this involves something beyond my knowledge, as I don't know how the stamm system is managed, but I'm simply curious as to why that won't work. Not trying to question your statement, I just wanna know the technicalities behind it. If you don't want to be bothered, that's fine, too.

I already explained it on Discord but I'll explain it again. Stamm does not give players SB flags (which act like groups: donors, admins, seeders, etc) so it's impossible to give high stamm players the ability to vote. Anyway voteban is the only vote that should be used on hackers/cheaters. Votesilence is useless since you can silence client-side and votekick does not prevent the player from rejoining.

Clone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby MuffinManV » January 25th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Clone wrote:I already explained it on Discord but I'll explain it again. Stamm does not give players SB flags (which act like groups: donors, admins, seeders, etc) so it's impossible to give high stamm players the ability to vote. Anyway voteban is the only vote that should be used on hackers/cheaters. Votesilence is useless since you can silence client-side and votekick does not prevent the player from rejoining.

Thank you. So this doesn't happen again, I've already joined the Discord group.
MuffinManV

Previous

Return to News