[Off-Topic] Net neutrality

Skiver news and general information

[Off-Topic] Net neutrality

Postby Phaiz » February 27th, 2017, 4:06 am

I hesitated at first whether or not to make this post but I think it's important enough to do so. I'll be locking the thread to prevent it from turning into a party vs party argument.

President Trump has appointed pro-corporation people to key positions such as the FCC who are anti Net Neutrality. If you don't know what Net Neutrality is or what it prevents, this image shows the basic concept of a world without Net Neutrality.

Larger version here

Another way to grasp the concept is to look at public roads. Company A could own a road and charge you extra to drive on it. You don't have to use that road, but if you decide not to you have to find another way that takes longer. If you're a streaming service such as Netflix, this will force you to increase your prices.

If you want to help prevent the government from killing NN you can go here and sign the petition and/or you can call your Congressmen and tell them to fight for NN.
In all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to News