The OUTDATED Skiver Seeder Program

Skiver news and general information

The OUTDATED Skiver Seeder Program

Postby Phaiz » May 5th, 2015, 4:59 am

This new Seeder Program has been designed to promote and encourage everyone to help fill empty servers. The biggest set back we face is when several players wait in line to join Dustbowl #1 when Dustbowl #2 (or another server) is empty. It only takes 12 players for a server to start getting quick play traffic. If you become a Seeder you will be given certain rewards. Program details are below

There is no need to "sign up" for this. It is completely automatic and will work with anyone who is not an admin or an active donor. Admins and active Donors will have access to the Seeder perks as they are also part of the Donor perks

In order to become a Seeder you must meet specific criteria:
- The server must be running an official map - this currently includes both Class Wars #1 and #2 as well as Dustbowl
- There must be fourteen (14) or less players on the server when you join. If you are the 14th (or previous) player you will have met the requirements so far
- There must be at least twenty-one (21) players on the server before you leave, twenty (20) players or less and you miss the requirements
- You have to do this three (3) different days on one server within a Sunday to Sunday week

Meeting these requirements will automatically place you into a Seeder group for seven days. This could take a couple of hours to kick in and may require a reconnect. Meeting the requirements again before your week expires will add an additional seven (7) days to your perks - this is cumulative. Not meeting the requirements before your week expires will remove your perks once your week expires. Seeding a server can also happen at any time of day thus allowing everyone an opportunity to get this going

Seeder Rewards:
- No ads in game
- 13 extra Stamm chat tags
- 10 extra Stamm chat colors
- All "normal" Stamm chat tags and colors**

How to find your Seeder status:
We have a new page setup that will show each player who has seeded a server at least once during the current Sunday-Sunday week
This page can be viewed here. Here you can find your name (if you have seeded), which dates you seeded, which server you seeded and how many times you have seeded. Red blocks mean you have not met the 3 day requirement. Green blocks mean you have met the 3 day requirement.

You can see which Stamm features are given to Seeders on the updated Stamm Database page as it has been added as one of the groups. Once you become a seeder, that page will also show you your current Seeder expiration date.

**Please see example below. Note the actual Stamm points at the top and the Seeder status at the bottom

Here are a few basic examples:

- You join an empty server and invite a few friends. Those friends join and invite a few others. If you leave when the server has only reached 20 players, you do not get credit. If you leave when there are 22 players (you leaving makes 21 players), you do get credit.

- You join a server that already has 12 players. If you stay until there are at least 21 other players you get credit.

- It's late and a previously full server is now down to 13 players. If you join (being the 14th player) and stay until there are at least 21 other players you will get credit.
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The NEW Skiver Seeder Program

Postby Justin » May 5th, 2015, 11:44 am

What I'm seeing is that if I fulfill all requirements I get +7 days toward my experience as a Seeder. This either makes me a Seeder (if I am not currently) or extends the duration of my status.

If I do this:
- The server must be running an official map - this currently includes both Dustbowl servers and the Upward server
- There must be fourteen (14) or less players on the server when you join. If you are the 14th (or previous) player you will have met the requirements so far
- There must be at least twenty-one (21) players on the server before you leave, twenty (20) players or less and you miss the requirements

6 times in one week I have Seeder status for 14 days.

What I am not 100% on is the Sunday-Sunday week. Is it Sunday at 12:00 AM until Saturday at 11:59 PM?
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Phaiz » May 5th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Just1nus wrote:
6 times in one week I have Seeder status for 14 days.

What I am not 100% on is the Sunday-Sunday week. Is it Sunday at 12:00 AM until Saturday at 11:59 PM?

This is incorrect, the points do not stack. You can Seed 7 times each week with each server up to a total of 21 "points" however 3 points on at least one server qualifies you for 7 days from the date you hit #3. Essentially once you actually become a Seeder any further qualifications are ignored because you already have it for 7 days. You can keep your status going by getting 3 points during the next week before your expiration date. Basically this just means that each week you start over but so long as you are able to get 3 points before you expire, the status will not be dropped.

The "Seeder Week" as we could call it is Sunday 12am - Saturday 11:59pm, this is what will be displayed on the Seeders page. Since you are an admin your name will never appear on that page because admins and donors are unable to be in the Seeder group (they already have the perks). This is where I could accidentally turn this into mass confusion by going into a lot of details so I will keep it to one simple example

You seed a server on Monday, Tuesday and on Saturday. Since you earned 3 points before 12am Sunday you are granted 7 days of perks, however your name will not be on the Seeder page on Sunday because: 1) it takes up to 24 hours to show, and 2) it restarts on Sunday. You now have Seeder perks until the next Saturday at 4:30am (auto removal is ran at 0430 daily). Should you earn 3 points during this next week -before- Saturday, 7 days of perks will be added. This is true regardless of if you earn your 3rd point on Tuesday or Friday as it adds the time to your original start date otherwise it would "cheat" you out of days.

Essentially the Seeder page is relevant -only- for the current week and not the past week
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phaiz » June 15th, 2015, 9:24 am

The Seeder page now has a drop down menu where you can view stats from the previous 8 weeks. This will be very helpful for anyone who had been qualifying on Saturdays but were unable to see it due to the data being removed Sunday mornings.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phaiz » July 9th, 2015, 1:16 am

We have successfully been able to get the seeder script to fully automate. Anyone who qualifies will now have their perks automatically activated within a few hours of their qualification.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ratchet » December 11th, 2015, 6:28 am

I'll gladly volunteer for the seeder position. Especially for the Rotation server, it's quickly become one of my favorite SKVR server, yet it's always empty. Which makes my heart and pants, sad. Being a socially stunted individual, I don't have many steam friends (yet), but I can quickly change that. I initially thought seeding was sort of sharing bandwidth kind of deal (which I'm also okay with), but if there's a lack of seeders, I will happily do so. I mean, I already sit in empty servers waiting for them to fill. I'll hop right on to adding more steam friendos, if it means popularising the SKVR servers. Let me know if I qualify, and if not, I'll still sit in the (mostly) empty Rotation server to try and fill it up. There is nothing I love more than community service, the bonuses (whatever they happen to be) are just that, bonuses. All I really want is for a fantastic server community to prosper. I've done such a service for other, less reputable server groups until I got fed up with the server owner/s. As long as donations, etc don't get misappropriated, I am all for it. I don't even need the perks, just being a hype-man/promoter is fine with me. I don't have a true day job, so I can seed or what ever you need me to at almost literally any time of the day. (Barring Christmas, but I don't think many people will play TF2 on X-Mas day. Any other "American" holiday I don't celebrate[part of my religion, no jokes]) Easily digestible food for thought. If I don't cut it, fine, I'll still do my part purely out of respect for this community. Heck, I already do this. Granted it's for the class war servers, I suppose I should branch out, but Class Wars holds a very special place in what's left of my heart.

Ehh, if this is the wrong place for such posts, feel free to move it, I just want to put myself out there as a newcomer who somehow reached Emeritus ranking in like, 2 weeks. I am literally on y'all servers like 20/7(My sleep schedule follows that of the Da Vinci style, I have TONS of free time).

[Edit]: As an example, I have achieved the highest Skial ranking due to my 'seeding' type quality. I do not mind playing against bots if it encourages real players to join in. Which is usually does. And I barely play on Skial servers.
Talking to strangers online was the best decision I ever made
Reality is LEMONS and the internet's my LEMONADE

Ratchet

Postby Phaiz » December 11th, 2015, 1:32 pm

You do not need to "sign up" to be a seeder. It is calculated automatically by a script.

You can view Seeder status for this and previous weeks here skvrs.com/seeders
You can also search for your Steam profile URL here http://stamm.skvrs.com/ and you will see if you are a seeder.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Accouter » April 14th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Sorry to bump this but I need some clarification for myself. I would love to be apart of the program and supposedly I have already done it because my name is on the seeder list but I had no knowledge that I did it correctly.

-So to clarify, there MUST be 14 players or less on the server I am on including myself and I have to wait until there are 21 players including myself before I can disconnect.

-And when I am ready to begin I just write !seeder in chat to start?
I shall ride eternal shiny and chrome
Accouter
Donator
Donator

Postby hawkesnightmare » April 14th, 2016, 11:03 pm

1. You must be the 14th to join and your absence still leaves 21 people on.
2. !seeder only gives info about the program. It is completely automatic and works for anyone who isn't an admin/donor. If you've donated, you already have the seeder perks and more.

As of right now you have two points accumulated towards getting the perks. Once on the 12th and again on the 14th. So you have until this Sunday to get another one.
Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation
I only came here because I thought there was pudding.
That's a pretty good reason to go anywhere
hawkesnightmare
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Accouter » April 15th, 2016, 12:52 am

Ok got ya.
I shall ride eternal shiny and chrome
Accouter
Donator
Donator

Next