The Stamm Overhaul

Skiver news and general information

The Stamm Overhaul

Postby Phaiz » May 5th, 2015, 5:05 am

Fellow Skivers.. Skiverians.. people? Stamm has been completely rebuilt and rigorously tested over the past several weeks. It's not that it's that complicated... it's just boring. Anyway, I could make a very large and complex post about the changes or you could just go to the updated Stamm Database page and see them for yourself. Also for anyone who is about to ask this question, Stamm points have NOT been reset for this

Once there the easiest way to see your current stats is to search your for your Steam Profile URL, for example mine is http://steamcommunity.com/id/phaiz/ - you can quickly get your profile URL by visiting your profile, right clicking and selecting "Copy Page URL" then pasting that into the search box

Here are some of the major changes being rolled out:

While there are several chat colors and chat tags available just by playing Skiver servers, the bulk of these are now only obtained by being an active Donor or an active Seeder. More on the new Seeder Program can be found here

The "Player Trails" have been completely removed. It is no longer on any of our servers. Those who disabled the Stamm "end of round immunity" in order to disable the trail can now turn it back on

Stamm points should now be removed correctly if you become inactive on our servers. This was working correctly before but it has been changed to (hopefully) not take too many points away. As always this can be changed in the future if needed

The Stamm Database page has also been updated to show the Seeder Perks
Some search never finding a way, before long they waste away.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Stamm Overhaul

Postby Phaiz » May 5th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Alright I lied about the trails being removed. I was able to remove them on the test server so there must be some pestering ghost lingering around that I will have to find.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AnonyNoob » May 5th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Phaiz wrote:...Stamm points should now be removed correctly if you become inactive on our servers. This was working correctly before but it has been changed to (hopefully) not take too many points away..

Thank god. I'm tired of getting enough to regain my "n00b" title, only to take a weeks vacation and be at 0 bloody points. It's happened 3 times now.
Life of an engineer.

AnonyNoob
Skiver
Skiver

Postby Phaiz » May 5th, 2015, 9:07 pm

AnonyNoob wrote:
Phaiz wrote:...Stamm points should now be removed correctly if you become inactive on our servers. This was working correctly before but it has been changed to (hopefully) not take too many points away..

Thank god. I'm tired of getting enough to regain my "n00b" title, only to take a weeks vacation and be at 0 bloody points. It's happened 3 times now.

Well being inactive is going to remove some points, otherwise there would be no benefit on my end

Basically it should work like this
A player is considered inactive by Stamm after 3 days of not being online. Every 12 hours after this point the player will lose 75 points, or:
150pts/day
1050pts/week
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phaiz » May 6th, 2015, 6:50 am

Phaiz wrote:Alright I lied about the trails being removed. I was able to remove them on the test server so there must be some pestering ghost lingering around that I will have to find.

Seems the lingering pest was a database entry, trails should now be removed.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phaiz » May 11th, 2015, 9:28 am

Player trails can now be disabled by themselves without needing to disable immunity. I've quadruple checked this so it -is- working this time. The trail should be on by default however that can easily be changed by typing /schange on any server. The trail particle itself has also been changed.

Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phaiz » May 11th, 2015, 3:05 pm

The "new" trail is working as intended and with some help I have an updated plugin which will be uploaded for tomorrow to possibly address the "old" trails.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phaiz » May 12th, 2015, 9:32 am

I have tested the updated immunity plugin on DB #1 and so far have not seen the teleporter particle effect. Unless someone can show me otherwise it would seem that it is now removed.
Phaiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to News