Hero-Of-Time - Questionable Admin/Power Abuse

Report a player breaking the rules here

Hero-Of-Time - Questionable Admin/Power Abuse

Postby MLGDrew » April 20th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Players name - Hero-Of-Time

Players steamID - U:1:148265817

Players hlstats page - not an issue of stats

No Demo, muted before anything could be recorded

Muted one person (at random) for micspam for 1440 minutes when a good 6 people were talking at once. Made the excuse of having done the announcement that goes across everyone's screens, but sometimes (and in this case) the muted person did not see it due to having a custom HUD. After asking why the admin just didn't mute the person for himself instead of for the whole server, people got enraged. Happened at around 2:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on April 20, 2018.
MLGDrew

Re: Hero-Of-Time - Questionable Admin/Power Abuse

Postby Hatter » April 20th, 2018, 6:08 pm

I was on the server at the same time.

This was explained to you.

He was specifically warned. He continued, so he was muted. Making noises constantly is not "talking", its was obvious who the warning was for and we are not responsible for his custom HUD. End of story. Please refer to our rules http://www.skvrs.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

Specifically #1 and #2:

1. Spam - Any form of spam will not be tolerated. Mic spam, chat spam, bind spam.

2. Respect - Show respect to other players as well as staff members. As well as no arguing with staff, what we say is final.

It's a one day ban, he can use it as a learning experience, its not permanent. This is not a valve un-moderated server where anything goes, this is a community server with regular admin presence and people come here to avoid the toxicity of the valve servers, we enforce our rules and try to keep order. If it doesn't work for you, move on please. Otherwise, stick around and enjoy yourself, just within the rules.

Now, for you, during the game is not the forum/setting to debate rules. We (admins) are there to play the game and enjoy ourselves too. Having to stop and ban/silence people and/or debate rules is keeping us from playing the game, which we'd rather be doing. If you want to argue rules or suggest changes, come here and make a post. Also as admins, we cannot simply "just mute the person for himself(ourselves)", we have to listen to whats going on in the server from everyone, there is more than just "micspam" that has to be moderated, for example:

rule #13. Threats - Any threats made towards individuals or our servers will be met with an instant and permanent ban. This includes "real-life threats" such as threatening to find out where someone lives in order to hurt them. This also includes any threats directed towards any of our servers (game servers and/or web servers) such as threatening to DDoS or DoS one or more of our servers. Other uses of this rule will be enforced when required.
I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with
All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you
Hatter
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby MLGDrew » April 20th, 2018, 6:14 pm

When I say himself i mean via the actual mute system in place that people all have access to. And as for rules of no Micspam etc, and getting warnings, yes that is understandable but
1. Like i explained before many people were talking at once and his HUD does not show serverwide messages, so he did not see or hear a message and was basically chosen at random to be muted.
2. If multiple people were all talking over one another, micspamming, why mute only one person at random and not the whole group of people? It is unfair to mute someone at random.

That is my concern. And I would like to hear it from some admin that was not there to defend his friend and would look at it from both sides. Thank you.
MLGDrew

Postby Hatter » April 20th, 2018, 6:24 pm

You replied as I was editing, please reread.

We are not responsible for him having a custom HUD.

"Talking at the same time" isn't micspam. Its rude, but not against the rules. He was just making noises constantly, thats why only he was muted.
I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with
All the other pigs

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you
Hatter
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Postby Justin » April 22nd, 2018, 9:43 am

Hatter has explained our rules and Hero's actions fall within what the Senior Admins have established as expected behaviour for Admins given the situation. This matter was handled within the bounds of Hero's position as an admin.
Need something? Send me a PM here and I will get to it within 48 hours, or add me on Steam and I will get to it eventually - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025232990

Justin
Server Admin
Server Admin

Return to Reporting